• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone seen a spare carrier like this?

TadB

Was looking around at a surplus yard yesterday. I found this spare carrier in the back of a 12 foot fold down side troop carrier bed. Just wondering what the bed would have came off of, and if anyone has seen a spare carrier like this?

Attachments

TadB

Thats the spare off of my A3. Just put it in there to see how it looked. The spare carrier seems like it is a little big for a 14.5.Was it intened for a 14?

Monkeyboyarmy

TadB.Your'e not going to stuff that small block chevy into that mule are you? :idea::D

I believe that is the carrier for the singled out 900's with the 1400-20's. The original carrier that goes between the cab and bed for the 1100-20's were not wide enough for the 14's.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also stock on the Marine M813's with ISO beds like mine. As has been said, it is for the 14.00's.

Apart from carrying your spare around, it is also apparently a good place for #1 son to sleep while waiting for those early morning Scout parades to begin! He probably wouldn't be able to do that if the davit were in place at the time.

The davit can be used from the low mount, which is where it is carried to get it under the cargo cover, but is supposed to be put up on the high platform to load/unload a tire. That is accomplished with a block and tackle.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks