• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone seen one of these?

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen a LOT of deuces, but never one with split seats on one side. Just wondering if anyone else has run across one of these. The deuce served in Europe, has rear-facing turn signals, non-turbo w/muffler.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has the split seat on the drivers side. Never gave it a second thought.

AZDeuce

I've never seen a military truck like that before, but I've done my troop seats like that due to the crane (swiveling hydraulic engine hoist) I have mounted in the right rear of the bed, and the sliding drawer tool box on the left side of the bed. From the outside the truck still looks all original. I even mounted my pioneer tool rack to two of the fold down support legs, since I plan on putting a auxiliary fuel tank where the spare used to go. when the seat is down, the tool rack is out of the way.

SpyDad

Guys, question on the side racks/seats. In looking closely at some other pics of deuces, I noticed there are little slots in the side of the metal bed rails, close to the bottom of the side rails where the seat support brackets fold out and go into. My '71 deuce bed does not have these. Are these little slots standard? Does it matter if you have them or not?

Regards. :???:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the pics, sure looks like a field modification. Need a leg and brace if anyone has an extra for dirt in-expensive (cheap).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks