• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone seen these on a truck before?

KsM715

I'm asking in the 5ton area because I think these go on a 900 series truck.
Theres a bunch of them in a lot on Ft Riley near where they rebuild the trucks.
The tall squared off roof and the cut out for a gun ring has me curious.

Attachments

KsM715

When I go out on wed. Ill get a better pic.

The box on the back is just a wooden crate strapped to the pallet with the cab, not part of the cab itself.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
KsM715, can you see what they are doing with the cabs they take off the 900's?? I need one really really bad. Is there someone there local with the scrap contract that has them piled high? Wishful thinking . . .

yeager1

Those are most deffiantly armored cabs for the 5 ton. They are everywhere here in Iraq.
This is a very interesting point. Many, many trucks are being up armored right now, which means all these trucks will probably never be surplused out.

KsM715

I have not seen and surplus cabs anywhere around here (local area to Ft Riley). There is another lot across the road with a whole bunch of 900 5tons with armored cabs but they are nothing like these cabs. Im guessing that since these are all over Iraq that these get shipped over there on the pallet then the cab gets replaced and the old cab gets scrapped over there. :cry:

Reactions: NDT
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks