• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone seen these wood wheels...?

L999here

Not very astute when it comes to wood spoke wheels almost 100 yrs. old. These are for the 1917 Machine gun carts. They are 16-oak spoke,8-felloe,iron tire 37- 1/2" wheels made by International Harvester. Especially looking for the quick disconnect hubs. Any assistance is appreciated...(800) 380-4867.

Attachments

Hooty481

That's something you don't see very often. I would say those ate very rare. If you need those worked on I would say to go to an Amish community. Those guys usually have the equipment to repair or make new ones.

L999here

....already here....

Living in N. IN....Amish and Mennenite local communities. Just that most of them will not work on military vehicles. They are loath to do so. Just found a pair of hubs and hope to get more. Need at least (4) more hubs....then I can get the spokes turned and felloe's made. Supprised me how easy is was to find a wheelwright so close.

L999here

...un-assembly first...

Just a couple pic's to show the condition of the cart I have to restore. Salvaged almost all the bolts and all square nuts. Trying to find this stuff...off-the-shelve hardware and carriage bolts...not too hard. It's going to be the wood work and wheel wright stuff that will eat up the time and money. Have several guy's interested in making these from scratch....the more the merrier....LOL.

Attachments

L999here

,,,from Indy...

That display belongs to a gentleman from Indianapolis. I bought one of the carts he was not going to restore,as he was unaware that there were (3) type's of the 1917 Machine Gun Carts. Using the manual I gave him,he had to show the judges what these carts were and how they were used. This display won first prize,I am told. We stay in contact and help each other to improve the historical accuracy of our carts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks