• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Swapped This 6 Speed 4L80e

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
40s may do OK on a de-armored truck that is already sitting at the "top" of its suspension, on a M998 you may have problems, 42s will definately tear off the fenders do a body lift there just is not enough suspension travel to "jack it up" and things get all wonky anyway.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had the budget, I would do larger tires AND that transmission swap. Why? Well, we all know big tires can lug you down and rob “power” but gain higher top speed. So why not swap in that trans, and the larger tires. The closer gears(ratios) will be combat the large tires for city driving and acceleration, all while gaining a slightly higher top speed.

I don’t have an hmmwv, just thinking in “theory”…
That’s the beauty of it. I personally wouldn’t spend a dime for the transmission. Mine works just fine. I can go 70 mph and I’m good with that. You get one and drive it and spend some time with it your thoughts will change. 1/2 of the things that I thought I wanted before taking delivery has changed. You can only put so much lipstick on a pig!

Hummer Guy

I believe as long as you mount your tires on the oem rims you will be just fine. My m1165 is higher than my m1123. I don’t know what they should be and I only know what I got. I would like to do a spring spacer and a 2” body lift. I’m still in the thinking phase. Probably 39.5 is what I will settle on. I worry about putting body lift on these newer trucks. I see ac lines and stuff everywhere.
I wonder how the suspension spacer would effect the handling and ride

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
40s may do OK on a de-armored truck that is already sitting at the "top" of its suspension, on a M998 you may have problems, 42s will definately tear off the fenders do a body lift there just is not enough suspension travel to "jack it up" and things get all wonky anyway.
All of trucks are on the cutting edge of technology! Haha I still probably need a body lift and spring spacers. You know what I bought upper body mounts for this purpose. I was going to stack them. I got them from AM General and after I ordered them they went from 6 dollars to like 30 dollars each. I really like this forum

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks