• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone taken an X door and made it into a half door?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have several. I'm looking at them and can't think Id been the first to try it. Searched, but can't seem to find an example. Thoughts?

DatGuyC

Do you have any in decent condition that you are willing to sell? I live in Columbia and shipping costs have always kept me away from a set, but I could drive to Baltimore.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been done before, the top has to be reinforced with sheet metal for an armrest....this has been talked about before on other threads and forums.

gsp45

Yep, done a set of rears and working on doing a set of fronts. Best way to go on half doors. Looks like AM General made them.

gsp45

Lionel, FYI.... I remove all the hardware, window tracks and all, save these items. I use 1-3'4" aluminum angle in place of the window tracks to stiffen the door and re-attach the latch linkage to. You can either bend a cap to cover the top or use a pair of aluminum angles with a 1/4" filler plate where the door sash was.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
.Cut full doors off, leave enough window channel for inner door handle.
Steel skins fabricated by a friends friend.
Pic on next post.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks