• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone towed a M-54 with a M-52???

vtdeucedriver

Do you have any ideas on what to look for if the compressors do not go bad, some one told me to crack the line and see if air is moving and check the governer,i have to start downloading the TMs for the mac motor.this one is diffrent than the multifuel.
OMG. You did great!!!!! Btw. Compressor will be the same. Please post more pics! Interior shots too.

sandcobra164

I believe you'll be fine so long as you use a proper towbar, correct pins, airlines hooked, and safety chains. I've towed a few 818's behind my M35 and aside from the pushing going downhill, it was a smooth and slow ride. Your combo has weight on the Prime Mover vehicle on it's side in comparison to my Deuce. I was able to get to almost 40 mph with that 22,000 pound sled on wheels behind my truck. I even shifted into 5th a few times albeit briefly, it couldn't maintain it for long. I will add this, some say that you need to tie the steering wheel off. I can agree with this idea when towing a deuce as it has positive caster on the steer axle and wants to fight the other way, but a 5 ton tracks just fine and if you tie the steering wheel off, it will try to push your back end out when trying to make a tight turn at low speed.

vtdeucedriver

I got to ride in the tractor. A 2012 Freightliner with 4,200 miles on it. It sure beat my M-52A2. I did laugh as it gets the same fuel milage as the 52 but at 60 MPH.

I really fell in love with the comfort of the seat:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks