• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone use Motorkote,or Hot Shot?

tbar123

I have heard about Motorkote lube for a while and have heard some great things, but I have read on this site a few stressing things. So that made me wonder , If this product is so good. Then why isn't everyone using it? Or why isn't it more mainstream than what it is? Because I still ask a lot of people about this product and most of them have never heard of it. So any good/bad comments? I would really like to know before I pay $30 bucks for a qt.
Also I have heard on the radio about Hot Shot 3000( I think it is) a diesel fuel injector cleaner. Any info on this product? Any good news /bad news? Any truck drivers out there will most likely know what am station I hear these commercials on, but I would like to know real world experience. Thanks for any and all advice!

dmetalmiki

If you really want to add other oils to your truck, any propietory additive will do just fine. There are many good established brands out there to choose from. I have used deisel treatment in the tank, Moly in the transmission (axles and transfer) not in an auto box! The engine I have never "messed" with. The military never did. There are many posts about things added to truck components.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a tip from one of your MV neighbors, how about just using RotellaT 15-40W and be done with it. You want to do something special change the oil more frequently.

Otherwise I would not use anything in my oil anymore.

A quick Google search would answer more of your questions. Sure it's anecdotal but so is every opinion on here.

tbar123

bradley it sounds like you might have had a bad experience! But like I have said and will continue to say Google hates me and will never return any results that I ask of it!!! But how about the injector cleaner? Any good ones on the market, or should I just replace the injector, not that I think mine is in bad shape, but would like a tad bit more horses!

tbar123

Why was this general thread moved to "alternative fuels" since it's not about fuel at all any way shape or form?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tbar,
-don't over think it. Rotella in the crank case and a little Diesel Kleen in the fuel tank. Your NHC 250 develops a lot of torque and a little horse power. Don't mess with a good thing.
JC

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bradley it sounds like you might have had a bad experience! But like I have said and will continue to say Google hates me and will never return any results that I ask of it!!! But how about the injector cleaner? Any good ones on the market, or should I just replace the injector, not that I think mine is in bad shape, but would like a tad bit more horses!
You will get more horses putting 11.00x20's on than with injector cleaner.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was moved because you asked about a fuel additive (you actually gave no indication what the stuff is) other than the name of it and an oil additive.

And, 10% of the threads you've started, we have moved to the correct/appropriate forums.

So, I just moved this one too(with little interest or concern)

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

The Hotshot additives are pretty good. With the fuel additives you WILL feel a perceptible difference, but be sure to follow the dosage and use interval instructions CAREFULLY or you may actually cause damage. Same with the oil additive. These additives have a LOT of detergents in them and are very aggressive. This is especially true with the oil additive, as it isn't so much a lubricity improver as a turbo and oil passage cleaner.

Edit: If you want a fuel additive that you will actually see a difference in power and smooth running with for a cheaper price than Hotshot products, I suggest Howes lubricator and injector cleaner. It is the only additive I've ever seen a difference with other than the Hotshot. Dieselkleen makes me feel like I threw money away every time I've used it.

Last edited:

tbar123

It was moved because you asked about a fuel additive (you actually gave no indication what the stuff is) other than the name of it and an oil additive.

And, 10% of the threads you've started, we have moved to the correct/appropriate forums.

So, I just moved this one too(with little interest or concern)
The name of both products is in the title!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, I googled one, to find out what it was, then moved your thread.

Because I still ask a lot of people about this product and most of them have never heard of it.
It's usually best to include enough basic info to get peoples interest(and when you know most people have never heard of something) so they may get interested(or they will probably ignore it).

Who whats to Google something, just to figure out what the thread is about?

tbar123

I have done some more research on these products and have listened to my fellow SS members. I think that hotshot 3000 ( a fuel injector cleaner) is a tad bit out of my price range for the performance it provides. I can get the same results with a cheaper product. As the Motorkote goes, I guess it's not an oil additive ,but a engine part conditioner. I do appreciate all of the previous posts, but any good news from the Motokote product? I would like to know if it's worth the money before I purchase.

Jeepsinker

You can catch the Hotshot injector cleaner on sale at Tractor Supply for $11. I bought two bottles, which was all that was left on the shelf a couple weeks ago. And one bottle is enough to treat two tanks on a deuce. Note that it is not to be used more than once in a six month period.

I don't know about the Motorcote. It has been around for a very long time, but maybe there is a reason it isn't a more mainstream product.
I can tell you with certainty that you want to stay away from STP oil treatment. It actually repels oil from anything it coats, instead of mixing with the oil.

Jeepsinker

In fact I have. I like the stuff. I don't use PS Dieselkleen anymore. For me it is Hotshot, or Howe's lubricator, or nothing. I do run tcw3 oil with my fuel most all the time, but as a lubricant only, not a cleaner.

Best bang for your buck is the Howe's lubricator. Use the Hotshot as an initial cleanup, then use the Howe's as maintenance treatment with every fill up.

welldigger

The ONLY oil additives I use are rev x and hot shots secret. Even then it is specifically in my 6.0 powerstroke. They have injectors fired by a high pressure oil pump and very prone to stiction. Beyond that specific circumstance I avoid any and all oil additives. Especially lucas oil snot.

As far as fuel additives I especially like fppf total power. Very good stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks