• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone use these glowplugs?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
All I can say is I ordered a set off of 6.5l and they did not fit the CUCV. The ones in the photo look like the small spade but they weren't. In the process of getting my money back (but out the shipping cost which was $9 for them to ship to me but only half that to ship them back to them). Wasn't happy at all.

If you do a google on Wellman glowplugs and get to the distributors, you will find one in Indiana. That's who I went with and they were just as cheap as the price shown and super fast.

4bogginchevys

you could email the company and ask your questions, if the respond with good answers I know I would be happy to have another choice for when I have to do mine.:wink:

K9Vic

Did a search for this and didn't come up with anything. I know most folks are using Wellman 070s or AC60s. Was surfing around and came across these:
Glow Plug - Chevy 6.2L Military CUCV

Marketing sounds great, but some firsthand reports would be great if anyone has used these.

If you go to Wellman's (WAP) web page, Accurate Diesel is listed as an authorized distributor. So they are going to be Wellman glowplugs.
Glow Plug Distributor - Diesel Engine, Automotive Applications and Off-Highway Equipment

They are also cheaper here from another authorized distributor.
http://www.indusadist.com/web_site_new_2008_005.htm

Last edited: