• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone using ACTUAL A3 Wheels with 15.5/80-20 Tires?

opie65

If Yes, what Bead-Lock Insert. If none, what Pressures have you been up to?

I got one of the Michelin Mil guys all cranked up on the MPT flange issue, and I'll looking for a little background history.

(I know people use all sorts of Drop Bead O.D. Wheels and such, I mean the ACTUAL A3 Wheels)

Thanks, Guys!

USMC6062

Look at the posts from Dirt71, he put that size on actual A3 wheels and used the inserts that came originally with the A3 wheels. As far as I know he didn't have any problems with anything. The only mod I can remember was he chamfered the lug hole on both sides of the rear wheels and ran them flipped out on the rear instead of flipping the hubs.

spicergear

I'm running actual 'A3 wheels and MPT 80's. No insert, didn't need it as I won't be lowering pressures. I think I'm running 55psi...whatever the tire says to run for the max load rating. I put the 'A3 wheels on specifically for a wider tire, a tire with more load rating yet same height as rear NDT's, and a wider front stance (personal preference).

Attachments

opie65

Do you know if you HAVE to flip the Rear Hubs for the A3 Wheel - 15.5 combo? I'm planning to do the flip, but don't have the time right now.

I'm looking at the Pivot Cover on the Rear Spring, and it looks like I might get interference if I don't flip the hubs. (I AM going to, but I don't have time for the tear-up.)

jesusgatos

Do you know if you HAVE to flip the Rear Hubs for the A3 Wheel - 15.5 combo? I'm planning to do the flip, but don't have the time right now.

I'm looking at the Pivot Cover on the Rear Spring, and it looks like I might get interference if I don't flip the hubs. (I AM going to, but I don't have time for the tear-up.)
Pretty sure I've seen pics posted recently on here of a truck that was equipped with A3's mounted on rear hubs that were NOT flipped. It looked really narrow...