• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone want to trade an m101 for m105???

sweet trav

I'm in socal (oceanside/fallbrook) and have a nice reconditioned (2006) m105a2 trailer with top bows, side rails, and canopy cover that I'm thinking about selling or possibly trading for a m101 trailer with side rails, top bows, and canopy cover.

I wouldn't really mind keeping this trailer but I'm thinking a m101 will work better with our civ tow vehicle.

Thanks for looking,
T

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well he can't because he does not 100 post. Are you a moderator porkysplace or you just have nothing better to do?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well he can't because he does not 100 post. Are you a moderator porkysplace or you just have nothing better to do?
Just pointing out whats at the top of every page , its my guess is mangus580
posted it there for a reason . I'm gure there is a reason for the 100 post minimum also .

KsM715

well he can't because he does not 100 post.
Dont shoot the messenger.

Its been pointed out in several "rule breaking" threads, that the mods and the site owner would like us to police ourselves. Theres nothing wrong whith helping a new guy learn the ropes.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember the old site had a for free or trade section.
I miss that section.

You did the right thing porkysplace and in a nice way.:beer:

gijoe

With everybody wanting M105 beds i would think you could find somebody to trade with, i would trade you if i wasn't 1500 miles away. I have a shoot pot full of M101s and less of the M105s. Nice M105s are kind of hard to find. IMO

3dAngus

M105's, if refurbished without rust, might not have quite that much spread on it vs. the M101's, but you would definitely have to give in a little on the price swap if you got a refurbished M101A3 for sure, and maybe a bit on a M101A2. I guess it depends on what part of the country you're in, and what kind of condition the trailers are in. The M101A3s with the better tires draw a sweet premium. I know, cause I want one!

I wish you good luck on your swap. The M101 is going to work a whole lot better for your traveling then a M105, but I still say, the 16 foot civilian flatbed is the best choice of all, and you won't lose any money out of it if you buy a good used one right. I just saw a really nice one on Craigslist with side ramps, drive up ramps, good tires and brakes for $1000, but that's Georgia, so you might have to come up with another $200 or so in California where everything is a bit higher.

Happy Journey!

sweet trav

Thanks for the input guys. I've taken numerous pics but not sure how to post them on here. I'm gonna make this m105a2 work unless someone nearby wants to trade, just thought I'd throw it out there. already flipped the lunette ring and not just looking for a 4 prong to militray plug connector, thought I saw one on a post here but not sure where to buy it.

T

Injunfarian

Thanks for the input guys. I've taken numerous pics but not sure how to post them on here. I'm gonna make this m105a2 work unless someone nearby wants to trade, just thought I'd throw it out there. already flipped the lunette ring and not just looking for a 4 prong to militray plug connector, thought I saw one on a post here but not sure where to buy it.

T

I'd just pull the military plug connector at the "bullet" connectors at the frame then make your own 4pin connector with bullet connector to plug right in and keep the military extension for if you sell it.

I plan on doing similar with my M104 but with a 7pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks