• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone want to trade deuces?

mdd0127

Banned
It's to the point that I'd actually consider driving that far for a decent trade. I've been doing a lot of landscaping lately and it seems like I need a cargo deuce every other week. I've been hauling debris in a toyota pickup! Any of you guys willing to meet halfway or something? Maybe Ft. Worth or OKC or something?

mdd0127

Banned
Wouldnt it be easier & much cheaper to take the box off & put a bed on?

2cents
Unfortunately, I don't have a crane or equipment to remove the box. Also, I think the shorter wheelbase will be better at getting in to some of the places I'm working. Believe me, I've thought about it though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd trade ya, but you need to deliver yours and pick up mine in NY. I might help with some fuel costs.

mdd0127

Banned
I really need to do something sooner but mom lives in Ephrata and I'll be going up that way at the beginning of October. Hopefully something happens before then but you never know.

rockbiter

1952 gmc m135 trade

It doesn't sound like it would help much, but I have a 1952 GMC M135 that's in good shape(for them). No rust except minor surface spots here and there(I'm serious). Runs, drives, and all new wheel cylinders. new Beachwood top, and back window panel. The hood is in need of some love, and the tailgate is missing, but it is the nicest one I've seen that was not restored. I know it came from the Guard, and was picked-up by the Florida Forestry Department as a fire truck. That's probably why the tailgate is gone(and ofcourse the winch and PTO got hooked too) I got it from a fella here that was letting it sit, and his folks said they were going to let some scrappers come get it for free if they just got rid of it. I didn't want to let that happen. I thought I would have used it later for a 6x6 project for trail, and off road driving, but I can't bring myself to modify anything on it that is not stock. I would be willing to trade it for an M35 rolling chassis with power train that was fixable if it didn't run. It just isn't what I want and I don't want to ruin it to play if someone else could use one for their collection that was in good shape. There are pictures of us taking it out posted on claycounty4x4.com/forums/past rides. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post some pictures and info.

mdd0127

Banned
I really appreciate all of the offers! I really need to make something happen this week. If you have a decent running M35a2 with roadworthy tires and preferably a winch, I can bring my deuce as far as 400 miles from Cortez, CO. I have work lined up that I need to do to make rent and I really need a cargo deuce to pull it off.

Thanks,
Danny

:-D

jatonka

Your mom lives in Ephrata? Pennsylvania or New York? I am in Ephratah New York. I also would trade you a good deuce for your good expansible van, second in line to Doghead though, He spoke up earlier. Is that collusive trading? JT out

mdd0127

Banned
Well, times change, trucks change too! Time to trade up. I love my cargo deuce but I got it to haul stones and sand for masonry work. I did masonry work all summer long, wrecked my knees, back and shoulders the rest of the way, and won't be doing masonry work again if I can avoid it. Now I need another expansible van. I just got investors to help fund a project I've been dreaming about for years and I need a mobile fabrication shop to build everything in. The only thing is, it needs to be more road friendly than the old M292. I'm ordering parts and tools over the next couple of weeks and need an expanso van to get started. I posted an ad in the wanted section.

:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks