• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone win a Gichner Shelter out of Tobyhanna last week? Want to sell it?

Ratch

I'm hoping someone bid on several and won more than they want... I need one, but was unable to get back in and up my bids on the ones that remained closer to closing.

If you bought several unintentionally and are now ringing your hands trying to figure out how you'll pick them all up, please consider selling me one. I can go pick it up directly from Tobyhanna.

Thanks.

Ratch

Tool shed, firewood storage, man cave, semi-underground bunker, shop, fireworks assembly, reloading, etc.

I'm installing an indoor boiler in one to make it an outdoor boiler. The container I have is kind of crappy and leaks. I don't want the boiler turning into a rust bucket after the first rain.

I don't know what they went for, just that it was more than my max bids across several in the last hour.

red

If i had a place to store one I would have gone for one of them. thinking of turning it into a camper and the shelters went cheap this time.

ProximityX

Gichner Mobile Facility - HEAVY

image5.jpgimage16.jpg

I plan on mounting mine to a M105 trailer frame and making a expedition camper. I only bid on one and was at the last 5 min. Got it for under $200
These older Gichner Mobile Facility containers are heavy. If you get one from the 80's - 90's, you'll notice the plate says 16,000 pounds. I've never personally weighed one but the older ones are MUCH heavier than the newer aluminum builds. The one I bought recently was so heavy that my driver needed the outrigger to keep the hauler's front end on the ground.

On some of these, including the one I picked up, have an entire side wall that unbolts. I think it would make an excellent lockable hunting cabin. Though mine is just to get away from the house noise so I can concentrate on work.

If you are planning on finding one, make sure the castor jacks are inside. They'll probably be the old style, but they were over $3k each new and make it easy to roll your big giant box around on concrete or other very smooth surface.

Unless you are talking about the little, tiny, cute, baby s250 shelters. I have no experience with those. I bet they weigh less than the mobile facility shelters. ;-p

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks