• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone with a M1102 trailer able to get some measurements for me?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I purchased a trailer that I need to get picked up, but a curve ball was handed to me with it over the lunette ring/surge assembly. Can anyone tell me the width of the tongue where it bolts to? I'm needing to have it picked up, but without the lunette it'll be hard to tow. I kinda hoped that a standard Civy ball hitch could at least be mounted on it to drag it off base (unloaded of course).

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It's 3" wide on the outside, there is a 2.5" steel tubing clad with 1/4" aluminum 001.jpg002.jpg003.jpgplate on each side. BTW Drew the wind chill is -10 right now.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you sir!!!!!

So the tubing that it clamps to (the trailer) is 2.5" wide? Any chance you could measure the bolt hole spacing?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just added pictures, I'll get the parka and snow shoes back on and go get you the measurement!

Good thing it's at the house and not at the barn. The tubing is a reinforcement for the tongue the outer aluminum goes all the way back to the main part of the frame, so it is not something you can remove.
The center of the holes are right at 1.5" down from the top. The distance between is first bolt (front of tongue) to second bolt (safety chain) 3" on center, first bolt to third is 5" on center.006.jpg004.jpg

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey MW you need to clean out that wasp nest.................. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks