• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone with a wrecker in the KAMO Tulsa area (need unloading assistance)

brazengoat06

ive got a m934A2 that should be showing up this weekend. ill know more details this afternoon. the issue is that i need assistance/advice on removing this truck off a semi trailer. it was loaded using a crane and has damaged air system and flat tires. Not sure how to roll it since i cant feed it any air to release brakes. Also not sure how to put air in the tires being its an A2. I have a M923 that i can use to push/pull but didnt know if someone in the area had a wrecker or good idea for me. I buy lunch and beer...

brazengoat06

good to know on the tires thanks. the rear brake chambers are damaged but i could cage the others. i have a big strap i can use to pull the truck off the trailer but no tow bar.

red

With the air system damaged and no functioning brakes a strap won't work to tow the truck off, it'll just roll into the back of the truck you use to drag it off the trailer.

Easiest way is to get a towbar to borrow. Hook up the towbar to both vehicles, inflate the tires, cage the brakes, then tow it off the trailer.

snowtrac nome

I don't know how its loaded if you can get to the rear with a loader than you can lift the rear with a loader and a sling than roll it off the trailer on the front tires. the rear shouldn't be that heavy I would bet it could be lifted with a 928 class loader.

snowtrac nome

don't know what the local wrecker rates are but I would find it hard to believe. rental rates are usually based on the hour meter if the engine isn't running you aren't racking up dollars. an hd wrecker is going to cost a couple hundred bucks just to turn the key.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
anyone with a wrecker in the KAMO area (need unloading assistance)

If the tires wont take air through the wheel valves you can still air them up, underneath through the inside valve stem.

Do you even know if the trailers has ramps, or if the driver will let you drag it off? Can you drag it off slightly up hill or don't cage one of the brakes all the way.

Your looking at close to 20,000lb on the rear, so size the wrecker accordingly. A 928 will be pushing it with the bucket on. Plus how much $ for delivery?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
EASY job for a military wrecker, flat tires are no big deal, back up the lift wrecker right to th rear of the trailer, hook to the dead 934, using both rear lift brackets, lift, drive the loaded truck forward, as it pulls forward start to lower the dead 934 till the rear tires are on the ground, keep going forward till the front tires are about a foot from the rear (there is not a spring brake on the front axle), stop the trailer, reprosition the lift wrecker to the side of the trailer, center up on the front lift brackets, attach the lift rigging to them, lift, drive the truck out from the dead 934, lower to the ground, and then just DRAG the 934 to where you want it., I first read the post thinking, why is there being such a big deal being made over this, I have loaded a lot of trucks (standard flatbed trailers, even van trailers), the big thing is KEEP the boom tip right at the rear of the lift wrecker, if you feel a bit butt clincher, drop the rear out riggers though should not be needed.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big deal is, he doesn't have a wrecker, and he just started looking, when the delivery is this weekend.

wcuhillbilly

So,,,,, any word as to how this all went down,,,,,, Pics please,,,,, I love seeing redneck loading methods, makes me feel like a pro.......
Wrecker wise,,, it would take me a week to get there, turbo and all.....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Big deal is, he doesn't have a wrecker, and he just started looking, when the delivery is this weekend.
So true, NOTHING like waiting to the Last minute to DEAL with the number two most important part of receiving a load.

And another thought, he is receiving a 934a2 which is VERY HIGH, about the only trailer that can haul it is a low bed, if that is the case the truck can just be drug off the rear or front if the trailer is a rgn. I have read/posted to the thread several times, only just now it dawned on me that a low bed is needed to haul the truck.

brazengoat06

So,,,,, any word as to how this all went down,,,,,, Pics please,,,,, I love seeing redneck loading methods, makes me feel like a pro.......
Wrecker wise,,, it would take me a week to get there, turbo and all.....
Still waiting to hear from the truck driver as to when the truck will arrive. It's hard to plan for unloading when the shipping company doesn't tell you until the last minute that it's heading your way lol. As of now it sounds like it will be Monday morning, I believe he is in Arkansas with it now. Will definitely share pics and how we unloaded.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep thats a single drop, drop deck, I worked at a shop, that built as low as 28" deck height. I'm not sure how tall a M934 is, but thats probably why the tires are flat, to get the height down. If thats the case don't take any crap from the trucking co while you air them up, and don't drag it with them flat and do any more tire damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wcuhillbilly

Yup, that's pushing 13' alright.... although this may be easier than thought, look at the rear of the trailer, the rear tail has a taper to it on the underside. I would bet its a landoll which has a hydraulic tilt and slide for the bed, So it can be loaded like a rollback. best way to tell is to talk to the driver, could be a winch on the front of the tilt too, if so then its easy smeezy lemon peazy

EDIT:... the understructure of the side indicates its just a regular stepdeck, and the ramps are loaded in front of the truck,,, could get interesting if the tires cannot be inflated,,,,, :popcorn:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks