• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone with oversize tires on m35a3

SCRAP

has anyone added oversize tires on their a3? I was thinking of picking one up until I found out they only like 45 or so cruising. I had an idea of running 395's and recentered hemtt wheels , and ditching the ctis system completely. anyone done this , if so post a pic , I cant find images anywhere

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
has anyone added oversize tires on their a3? I was thinking of picking one up until I found out they only like 45 or so cruising. I had an idea of running 395's and recentered hemtt wheels , and ditching the ctis system completely. anyone done this , if so post a pic , I cant find images anywhere

Not sure what size these are except larger than stock.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Scrap, I helped put some 395s on re-centered hemtt rims that got put on an A3. It really helped the truck on looks and drive-ability. It was sold in short time to a guy from Ga and I have heard nothing bad about it(if there were problems, I'm sure I'd get blamed for it!). Sorry, no pics.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The 15.5 I have, has the same sidewall ,olding as the 395. Are you asking if there is a bigger tire than a 14.50r20 that is of the MPT style rim? I don't know.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm tempted to put some 395's on stock A3 rims, I know you are not supposed to and I've seen all the threads on the type of beads, but is there anyone out there who has done it?

mktopside

Banned
I'm tempted to put some 395's on stock A3 rims, I know you are not supposed to and I've seen all the threads on the type of beads, but is there anyone out there who has done it?
A number of guys have. 'andybritt' sent me some pics the other day of his A2 rolling on A3 rims with 395s. I brought up the fitment issue with him, and he said that while they might not be spec'd for MPT rims, there was no way in heck they were coming off, especially with the A3 bead locks installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks