• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appels 932a2 flatbed work/plow truck

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Heres some pics of my new work truck,I removed the fifth wheel and spare tire carrier.Added a 12' flatbed,toolboxes and fuel tank,I am building a plow frame for a 11' snowplow.It should be done next week.That 8.3 cummins is sure quiet.The pics are a little hazy.I will take some more when the plow is on it.

Attachments

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hooking up hydraulics this weekend for the same. It's a hybrid system (lift cylinder on 24V pump), but should do the trick. The plow is an old Gledhill I refurbished (fabricated the caster assemblies vs. shoes)....been a fun project.

What type of plow/mount ?

Attachments

marsman

Your truck sure has a sleek and unique look with the flat bed. The look does not need to grow on me, I like it. She will make a great plow truck just in time for winter. :D

Bolkbich

Looks great. It'll definitley ride better with a few concrete blocks on it. These trucks get around pretty good. One of my buddys calls it my "sport coupe".

Jakelc15

How does the plow frame connect to the axle?If I can finish my plow mount I can hook up a plow and bring it to you. Then I don't have to empty out a trailer.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I cut 2-c shaped pieces of metal that go around the axle.I still have that plow mount I got from you jake if you need it.

Durango_USMC

I have to admit, I dont nomally like the externally modded trucks, but your truck is looking pretty good. I like it a lot which is kind of strange for me. How hard was it to pull the 5th wheel and switch to a civilian bed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks