• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appel's M818 Conversion

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Appel's M818 Conversion

Here are some pics of the truck. I finally got it finished. I shortened a duece bed and the troop seats by 28". I like how it turned out.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
with that short bed, it looks like a prime mover for towing big guns

MilitaryRestoration

I LOVE IT! I've been thinking about doing the same thing since didn't want to figure out a new spare tire bracket and get rid of the nice xtra tool box... just couldn't quit picture how it would look....until now hehe. you give me great inspiration all the time :) Keep up the good work that you do!

cruzinz28

Great Job on the truck! Haven't gotten a chance to send you an email since aberdeen to see if you ever got your money refunded for only getting one space. After reading your posts about how easy it is to work with 5 ton trucks, I think that would be my next project... but I have to put that behind finishing my maintenace tent to store my truck in, coolant heater install before winter... it never ends once you get hooked into this hobby.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Cruzinz28 no I never got my refund,Did you?Yes the 5 tons are easier,but heavier.Yeah this hobby is very time consuming and addictive.

GoHot229

It looks good, one thing I'd mention that was you cut the bed on a upright, and kept the symetry, so much better than a mid-way cut between the two uprights, which turn out looking 'not-though-out' You guys with nice bobbers..........grrrrrrrr.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Ranchhopper,Sounds like youve been busy too.They are alot of work,I wish I could keep every one I ve built.My excavation business has been slow,so I have been building trucks and selling them to keep the bills paid.

OD_Coyote

That is one fine looking truck!
I was just to the point where I figured, I don't really need a M818 with a deuce bed and then you had to go and post those pics.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On my last 818-deuce bed conversion I took the tailgate off the back then cut down along the last upright its much easier than taking the front off the bed as I did on the first one with the whole front panel attached.With the rear cut off just section out the eight inches off the rear then weld it back together then put the tailgate back on.
Did you or anyone else that has shorten a deuce bed happen to take any pictures of the conversion when you were doing it? I am planing on doing the same to my M818. I really like the way it makes them look like a prime mover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks