• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appels M929 dump truck

Bolkbich

You do a nice job with the paint...truck looks good with the bigger tires. Funny , a few of the trucks sold on GL and i dont see any for sale.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't the M929's have the same motor as the 817's? I had several 818's and they were horrible for power. We need a new, or second dump, and one with 4x4 is really needed. Our little Ford SA dump has ok power, but it's turbo. Slow on hills. Also, for dump parts its hard to find parts. How are the M929s different than the 817's (besides obvious), what makes them better, and how are parts to locate? Also what capacity is the dump? Just 5 tons? Or have you had more in it? I realize legal is only 5 tons.

Many thanks.

J.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
The difference is full air brakes,auto trans.The bed is the same as a 817,Engine is the same.The a2s have a 8.3 turbo Cummins engine.

KosciuskoMike

Was not trying to hijack the thread sorry. Newbie to these forums but not so much to the surplus stuff. Beat up old Coastie needs more than a gov retirement to survive so we buy and sell a bit of this stuff. Nice to have a hobbies that pays off. The trucks and trailers being released right now are sometimes like new right out of RRD. These two were done in 2011 and sold last week. Funny tho, you still have to watch them close as they throw in some real beaters at times. You can tell the newbie bidders because they keep the bids for junk up as high as for the cherry ones...

I have the tractor version on 385's and it's a blast to drive. Each door says "RV, NOT FOR HIRE" so the po-leece don't bother us. Total blast to drive, let the tires down to 30 psi and she rids better than my Crown Vic. The Twins areDSC06149.jpg going to our Alaska Island to go to work hauling rock and logs.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
m930 003.jpgm930 002.jpgm930 001.jpgI just wasnt happy enough the way it was,So I added a winch.I still need to figure the hyds out.Now its a m930.I am almost done,A few more things to do.