• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appels M998 hmmwv build...

ClarkeF

You said you don't have a title - so keep all your receipts for parts and take pictures along the way! All that documentation will be adequate in most states to apply for a home-built title of you can prove you assembled it from parts..

That doesn't look like it is going to be a problem here..

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Any updates? Looks like a big project, but it will all be worth it when you get done. Maybe I can get enough "shore leave" to make it to Aberdeen 2012 in my 998 so we can talk shop.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have been busy finding and ordering parts.I had to replace the rear d beam and passengers side front cowl,whoever had this body before had to fab the missing parts from steel.They did a good job but I am to far into this not to do it right.Heres some pics.

Attachments

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Thats what the last guy did,This body was on a truck frame before I got it.It has Texas inspection stickers on the windshield.

nattieleather

I see you have plenty of lubricant for the job... :rofl:

Have you given thought to a pneumatic rivet gun? I think if I had that much body work to do I would have to invest in one.

VQ-1

I have been busy finding and ordering parts.I had to replace the rear d beam and passengers side front cowl,whoever had this body before had to fab the missing parts from steel.They did a good job but I am to far into this not to do it right.Heres some pics.
Man, I had to do the same with mine...I didn't have a rivet gun but used stainless steel button Allen head screws, can't really tell the difference between the heads ;)
Got all the panels off eBay for about $20 a piece! Beats paying full price from AM General...

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
No hyd rivet gun,plenty of Rolling Rock lubricant.I still need the passengers side b pillar assembly?????

nattieleather

I guess I shouldn't say anything because of the amount of welding I've been doing on my M37 cab. In retro speck drilling out and re-rivetting might be less work... :)

Keep up the good work and keep the pics rolling.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Nick ,It was good talking to you also.Hopefully you bring your hmmwv so I can seee what a finished one looks like...HaHa..

transman

How are you set for driveline parts ? I've got a complete 57K3498 tranfer case conversion kit ,242 tcase,rear shaft,rear section of front shaft,diff yoke,& assorted small parts. All are new and unissued "in the crate."

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Transman,I talked to you on the phone a couple of weeks ago.I ll keep that in mind,not that far yet.thanks...JOHN