• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Application HELP Plz??

OLDSKOOLPROMT

i hope someone here can help tell me what military application this axle is from. former rockwell axle corp now called axletech psc826 physical size about size of 5ton rockwell. it is a planetary steer axle. i think its like a big rough terrain forklift type axle but not sure. anyone that can tell me exactly what it would come out of it would be very appreciated. thank you for your time, mike in oklahoma

Attachments

Excuse Me

Keeping in mind that I barely even make beginner status yet at the military ID thing, but the eye up top of the axle does look exactly like a civilian rough terrain forklift would for the steering axle. Or,........and I dont know yet if the military uses these, but in the civilian nomanclature, we call them a "telehandler" or some call them a "shooting boom" forklift. They often use 2 of those axles and hook cylinders to them to act as a terrain following leveller system. However those might have a cylinder mounting block on each side of the pivot eye.
That's my "guess".
This is a link to Oshkosh equipment sales that has a forklift of likely older vintage than your axle came from. However it might show why it sounds like a good place to start looking for ID.
Military Trucks, Fork Lifts for sale - Oshkosh Equipment Sales, LLC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks