• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are 14.5 x 20's a crappy tire?

I can get some "new" Michelins cheap for a 4X4 project but it seems to be the consensus they rot or wear out in a hurry. I understand even if they look "new"once you air them up they will have cracked sidewalls 9 out of 10 times. Anybody with past experience, good or bad would be appreciated.Thanks,Greg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Booger,
Michelin made a good tire, they do wear quickly compared to other like tires. (depending on driving habits) I purchased two NOS tires that were manufacture in 2003 and were stored indoors. Not a mark or crack in them after installing them on my A3. Get a good look at them.
JC

jrobinson5093

I have a set on my m35a2 they seem ok to me. They wear really nice compared to the ndts. They have really decent traction. But they usually are not cheap new.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Most of the time we don't like the tires because they sit flat from the A3 ctis. If you can find some that have never been mounted, they should be fine.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The trouble with these tires is if they have been sitting mounted on the truck FLAT for any length of time, the sidewalls WILL crack ON THE INSIDE, then when aired up will blow out a short time later going down the road, you can not see the cracks if you dismount the tire to look, this is WHY most tire dealers WILL NOT sell these tires used (not knowing if the tire sat flat for a while), a NEW tire should be ok.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks