• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are al; A3's sound proof? Insuring one? What company?

alfred10

Are all A3's sound proof? can I get special plates like classical in Pennsylavia?

Do any of you guys go through a seperate insurance agency to insure your deuce othen your regular company?

What do you guys pay a year to insure yours?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sound proof? None I ever heard was. They are pretty noisy. Lots of threads on insurance with company names. Most go through someone othr than the family car ins.

flyxpl

The engine compartment has about 2 inches of foam . The firewall has some insulation and the floorboards have rubber matt with some insulation on the back . The Cat also has a muffler .This all helps with noise . The engine and drivetrain seem pretty smooth and quiet . BUT them tires SCREAM .
My truck is insured through State State Farm . Camercial insurance , about $ 234 every 6 months . No antuiqe plates in IL for heavy trucks . Plates $ 540 . Saftey inspections required . Insurance and plate requirements the same for my two M35A2's .

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A3 is quite a bit quieter than the A2 (especially the C Turbo) but not quiet "quiet."

AceHigh

You can talk to a passenger. Keep in mind they come standard with the military "Hearing Protection Required" stickers.

Normal big truck licensing is usually required as they are too new for classic or historical plates. Also normal inspections.

ClarkeF

Are all A3's sound proof? can I get special plates like classical in Pennsylavia?

Classic/Historic plates usually require that the truck/car be >25 years sold. Not going to happen with an A3 unless your Form-97 gets filled out wrong and someone puts a different year in.

I just moved to SE PA with my A3. Standard yearly inspection. State Farm wrote a commercial policy for non-commercial use at about 800/year.

If your near SE PA and want to see/touch/drive one, drop me a PM or email.

Cheers,

Clarke

jesusgatos

Lifting the "oversize" hood is made even more fun with the insulation! I notice they have 3 lifting handles, one on the front like the A2 and one on each side.
I got one of those fiberglass hoods that I'm going to put on my A2. It's heavy (thick) fiberglass, but doesn't have any additional insulation. Would like to add some if I can find a material that will hold up well. Same goes for the interior. I've got the cab off right now, so I could even cover the underside of the cab and the firewall, but I haven't found anything that looks like it would hold up very well. Especially concerned about moisture getting trapped in the insulation and between the insulation and sheetmetal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks