• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are "HMMWVS hand made"

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want it to be that “tight” up to the body?

If it takes a hit it is more likely to damage body. And it will be harder to clean out if there is dirt and debris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action

Do you want it to be that “tight” up to the body?

If it takes a hit it is more likely to damage body. And it will be harder to clean out if there is dirt and debris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he hits anything as is, all the force will go to the tiny areas it is touching the body.
a tight fit would spread the weight over the entire rocker panel edge.

BLK HMMWV

The original hummer H1 style rocker panel/skid plates used spacers / brackets if you will to attach them to the vehicle.
If my memory is correct they attached to the footwell section and the rear bracket was attached similarly in the rear wheel well .
The factory units were very wide and extended under the truck to the frame rails.
Many of the floors in almost every military HMMWV I've ever seen have had the drain holes in floor field modded with a pick or maddox to help them drain better.
Do you have drain holes like that in your truck?
Perhaps they are keeping your piece from fitting tightly?

Crauly

The original hummer H1 style rocker panel/skid plates used spacers / brackets if you will to attach them to the vehicle.
If my memory is correct they attached to the footwell section and the rear bracket was attached similarly in the rear wheel well .
The factory units were very wide and extended under the truck to the frame rails.
Many of the floors in almost every military HMMWV I've ever seen have had the drain holes in floor field modded with a pick or maddox to help them drain better.
Yeah my fab guy said they don't like the fit. But recomended using spacers to attach the bolts. I agree.

Crauly

My fab guys don't agree with the fit, as i think most people don't. They are going to create some spacers where the bolts mount. Then mount the panels and see how they fit. Its at that point ill decide to keep or return. Thanks for everyone's input.

:beer:

Crauly

Thanks for the input. There are drain holes but my fab guys are going to use spacers and bolt with the gaps that are there. They didnt like the way it fit. But i think it was made to fit that way. :roll:

Gamble

Is it possible this part was made for an H1 Hummer and not a HMMWV? The H1 comes with factory rocker panels that look like the attached image.

I would bet with the rocker panel installed the angles would line up. Just my .02 after looking at your pics.

Attachments

Action

Is it possible this part was made for an H1 Hummer and not a HMMWV? The H1 comes with factory rocker panels that look like the attached image.

I would bet with the rocker panel installed the angles would line up. Just my .02 after looking at your pics.
Those are an accessory for the H1.

BLK HMMWV

Gamble those are exactly what I was talking about.
And they were made for the H1 and they used a spacer between the front and back lips and the front and back wheel wells.
I have a set of them I don't need anymore I ended up making my own so I could use the IBES TECH removable side steps or ammo can brackets

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks