• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are the HMMWV on Govplanet/Ironplanet legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

theman10k

Hi guys

Looking at buying one on there website and want to know if they are a legit company or scammers
How long do you have to wait to get the EUC form confirmed

Edit : I'm a permanent resident of the US so I count as a US citizens
I know I have London set as my location but I do have a US residents

Regards
Tom

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

They represent the liquation arm of the DLA of the Federal Government for "rolling stock" aka wheeled vehicles. It is as legit as it will ever get. My EUCs take about 3-5 weeks to get approved for me but I have also bought 2 dozen vehicles in the past 8 months from GP so I am a bit faster to get through the process. Expect to take 2 months or longer for your first unit.

HMMWVs cannot be exported directly through sales auction to a foreign country for your info.

theman10k

Ok thanks Blackmagic

Im a permanent residence of the US so I'm allowed to buy
I might export one in the future but not right now

Ive just brought one from yesterday auction and I just wanted to make sure it's legit and not just some dodgy dealer working through the backdoor like they were doing with the British Landrovers
I don't want to lose my money

Tom

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys

Looking at buying one on there website and want to know if they are a legit company or scammers
How long do you have to wait to get the EUC form confirmed

Regards
Tom
You have to be a US citizen to clear the EUC . You would have to go through a licensed US exporter to get one to the UK.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also thought once you got EUC it lasted for a few months so you could buy more vehicles with the same EUC
They are only good for buying in the same event , if buy from a auction a week apart you have to file for each event . you can buy multiple vehicles in one event .

OPFORMI

I have to disagree with that statement. Only the Demil Q and F items require an EUC. The Demil A items are open to the public and available for export, regardless of citizenship. I have several trailers and other items that have not required an EUC.

theman10k

Anything they sell needs a EUC

Only a titled HMMWV is legal to export.
There being titled now
I've paid for GP to title it for me

I'm sure there away around exporting and importing them
I cross that bridge when I come to it
At the moment I plan on fixing it up and making it perfect and using it then look at export to the UK
I was reading the EUC form and it said about export for sale but not export for personal use
I'm sure a license shipper will know how to do it and deal with it

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are fully aware that the titleor SF-97 will state "Off Road Use Only"? That is part of the agreement with the DLA (government) and GovPlanet for them to be able to sell them.

There are many companies that have the Export License in place with the State Department. Just costs money. Eastern Surplus, TJ Murray, Memphis Equipment, etc.\

And just an FYI for everyone, this site will only allow discussion of legal ways to buy, sell, title, register and export items on this site. Discussing illegal ways will result being banned from the site.

Last edited:

theman10k

You are full aware that the title will state "Off Road Use Only"? That is part of the agreement with the DLA (government) and GovPlanet for them to be able to sell them.

There are many companies that have the Export License in place with the State Department. Just costs money. Eastern Surplus, TJ Murray, Memphis Equipment, etc.\

And just an FYI for everyone, we only allow discussion of legal ways to buy, sell, title, register and export items on this site. Discussing illegal ways will result being banned from the site.
They now offer the SF97 form so I can get it registered right?
Thats what I was thought was possible with this SF97 form, if I can't then that's a shame but shouldn't stop me registering it in the UK as Road Legal
Thought there was a way round the Off-Road Title to make it Road Legal what what I mean is change it to a historic vehicle and nothin illegal

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the stickies in the HMMWV forum about titles and SF-97s

Talking about skirting the rules has gotten this discussion closed and an infraction issued.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks