• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are there Aluminum roofs that accept a M1025A1 turret? Aftermarket OK

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1987 M1025A1. Mechanical turret without electrics.

I live by the ocean. I have rust. I hate rust.

I am wondering if there is an Aluminum roof for HMMWV’s with a precut turret hole that will accept a mechanical turret with the under roof support bracket. It also needs to properly mate up with the rear sponsons and “Rumble seat” lift gate.

I will be adding Zinc bars throughout the rig to act as a sacrificial metal but Aluminum would be an awesome upgrade.

Last edited:

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only aluminum roof is the 1165 1151 1167 which doesnt require the turret support but does require a roof adapter to run the turret and will work with the older 10xx turret

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only aluminum roof is the 1165 1151 1167 which doesnt require the turret support but does require a roof adapter to run the turret and will work with the older 10xx turret
Thanks! Do you know of a source?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any M11XX roof can use an early turret...but unfortunatley you need a few extra parts “cha Ching“ to make it all work.
here is the good news, that old roof and turret support is worth a pretty penny, so that can fund your project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks