• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are these 6.2 or 6.5

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

These are from the HMMWV and I was wondering what would be involved to make them fit in a CUCV. Would my parts from my old engine bolt on I noticed the intake/ oil filter angle are different. Also the intake manifold. Are these computer controled? Is it worth the hassle? ThX in advance

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They wil fit the CUCV. All of the odd parts would need to come off the CUCV. The injection pump on these is also 28V so that would need changed too. The market has been flooded with these lately and they aren't selling well. I'm considering a few of them, here closer to the east coast.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

I just have to figure out how to get all three in my M1028. They are on pallets so I might have to bring a hoist. I wonder what they weigh. I think my old 1.5ton springs should be enough to handle three of them with some major sag. I knew I should of bought the M1028a2 or a3 for this job.

ida34

Fort Campbell has several auctions coming up on GL that have multiple engines in crates. Some are lots of 12 some 8. It really seems like they want to get ride of them bad.

ida34

I thought about getting one of the cucv's that just went off bidding tonight. I thought it would be nice visiting my old base and stomping grounds. Then I remembered all the things I have to do and that took care of me wanting to take the trip.