• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are we sure the .mil used only DOT5 in brake systems?

4bogginchevys

I may not be answering your question, i'm sure the guys using these trucks had to settle for something different than the specified dot 5 from time to time, and I bet anything will work if not mixed improperly (dot 3,4,5,syn,non syn...):-D

4bogginchevys

if I read this right.....you cant tell the difference. I do agree with the TM's on the syn recommendation.....it's all about base ingridients and how they react to/control heat.....you might have to be more specific...:-D

Csm Davis

it doesn't matter what was in it when you got it you should drain it all out and start with fresh new fluid in every system on the truck because is you life or someone else's or even you truck not worth a couple hundred dollars?:oops:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the WORDS STAMPED into the master-cylinder cover. It clearly says to use DOT5 only.

You can test to determine if you have dot3 or 5. It has been discussed many times. Search the forums!

One link with the basics. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/369672-post3.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks