• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are you keeping your runflats in LMTV tires?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My tires still have the runflats/beadlock donuts in them and I want to keep them for use with low tire pressure. Having the runflat might be useful in case of a tire failure.

But, it occurs to me that repairing a tire properly (with internal patch) will be almost impossible with the big rubber chunk in the way. Has anyone had to repair a tire with a runflat in place? Is there room to work around the donut?

thanks,

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone must have put MRAP wheel/tire assys on your LMTV because as drlivered, there are only beadlocks in the tire, not runflats.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The camian wheels are identical to fmtv, same ctis plumbing also but they have run flats in them oe. Only difference is that they are stamped bae/camian in between 2 of the studs.
I use a set on the front of m923.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone must have put MRAP wheel/tire assys on your LMTV because as drlivered, there are only beadlocks in the tire, not runflats.
Whew, I wasn't going crazy. I didn't think the FMTVs came with run-flats.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My tires might not have runflats! I consider that good news. The spare tires I bought, and the spare that came with it (but not on an LMTV wheel) had runflats so I made an assumption (yeah, I know).

Thanks for the insight. Still learning here.