• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arkansas GTG/Meeting

ARYankee

I have informed a car club contact of mine our intentions for registration and licensing changes, so I may have to add to our total of folks that will be attending when/if any of them are interested in attending. You guys think we should include the AR Travelers folks?

ARYankee

Well I sent an email out to the Pres of the ARMVPA to let them know about what we are doing and the meeting.. Of course I didn't get a response but at least I did it.

rebel_raider

I'm not so sure about me and Joseph anymore. I'm not sure if I will be able to go, and I was going to drive Joseph since he works off that morning. He may still go, though.

Welder Sam

fellas, if it rains like they say it will and if i can make it, i wont be in that "tricked out deuce" as joe calls it. the soft top has took up irrigating the interior.

ARYankee

I have put together a little info packet that I will hand out to those attending. I'm also bringing the signs that I made so everyone can take a look. I will have my wife's Duo so we can also look up any laws or questions that may come up. Hopefully we will have a good turn out and get something ironed out.

ARYankee

Sweet! I'm going to try to get there a little early myself so I can set up. I called and left Mr. Hammer a message yesterday but haven't heard back from him. I'm going to give him another call today and see if I can get a hold of him.

ARYankee

Well I want to say "Thank you" to those that showed up today. I feel like we got a really great start on enacting some MV friendly laws. For those of you that didn't make it, I can send you a PM or email about what we discussed.

Also if everyone is up for it, we can set it up for monthly meetings. That way we can go over progress with the MV law stuff, maybe do some maintenance or mods, and BS/fellowship. What do you guys think?

RANDYDIRT

I'm all for that Bro. My weekends are getting limited by work. I have to be in Georgia next week, and I have weekend duty at least 3 times in the next month. I have out of state school again in June and then have 3 weekends of duty again in July and August.
I do like the idea of having the meetings at the VFW. It's a real low-key safe place to meet... Read that, as all the folks really liked our trucks, and everyone is welcome. I'll tell you right now, there were some memories that floated to the top from some vets that hadn't seen a deuce in 40 years. I think our mission is a good one, and it's up to us to remind the guys that drove or rode in these vehicles many years ago of how sorry or how great their memories actually are. Good or bad, we are the guys (in our own way) that make a difference.

Dirt

Welder Sam

rustoleum makes the difference! we just spray it! hahahaha sry, i had to foul a speech that perfect...... glad the guys enjoyed it. maybe next time we'll bring out the big boys

btw, i ran the big road north. hit 68mph and held it as long as it had flat relatively smooth road too.