• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arlington Airshow 2010

srodocker

ahh thats awesome...cant wait to head to the show...my m35 will be there who do i contact about that? i will leave it all week and take it home saturday as i work 6 days a week and saturdays are my day off. i already gave permission for a guy that will be there the whole time to take it out on parade dutys

jhigh

April 3, 2010
Now Hear This
We are delighted to report that a second tank has arrived at the Flying Heritage Museum located at Paine Field near Seattle. The German WWII Hetzer tank destroyer will join the Soviet T34 tank scheduled for display and operational demonstrations at Arlington Fly-in Camp Adams.

We are now only 90 plus days out from opening day. The US Navy will display its aircraft carrier flight simulator for public participation. More warbird aircraft have confirmed including a WWII TBM torpedo bomber.

I suggest that you visit the web site of the Game Wardens of Vietnam to learn more about this great participating group. They are promoting this event as a major attraction which of course it will be.

We have confirmed a reserved location adjacent to Camp Adams for support vehicles and trailers used to transport historic military vehicles to the Show. Don’t forget that civilian vehicles are not allowed within Camp Adams during show hours (unless perhaps it’s a 1935-1950 model with period dressed occupants).

We have heard rumors that WWII’s famous illusive character kILROY will open a bar and actually be at Camp Adams.

Are you passing NOW HEAR THIS reports on to your colleagues and encourage their participation this year???

jhigh

North Pacific Military Corps
May 21, 2010
NOW HEAR THIS

Those of you who have participated at Camp Adams in past years are well aware of the area fire hazard because of aircraft operations and the very dry grass on which Camp Adams sets. For that reason we must have a very conservative approach to open fires and smokers, especially among the visitors.

To enhance fire safety in the area, we have established the following policy. No smoking or other open flame within 75 feet of any aircraft. Visitors needing to smoke while within the Camp Adams area are REQUIRED to remain in a designated smoking area (preferable sitting). They must be at a standstill. When finished, the product must be snuffed and taken with them or placed in established butt cans. Camp Adams residents may smoke within their designated space using all due caution.

All Camp Adams personnel in uniform and all vested aircraft marshallers are authorized to enforce, in a friendly but firm manner, these fire safety rules.

We are delighted the organization, Mothers of Military Support (MOMS) will join us at Camp Adams this year. MOMS volunteers assist active military and veterans to obtain government services and benefits. The organization is under the leadership of Elizabeth Johnston, Kelso, Washington.

Camp Adams will have one GP Medium tent (16 by 32) that serves guest speakers during the day and movies each evening (1930 hours). Colonel Holloman a former P-51 pilot with the famed Tuskegee airmen will be one featured speaker. The movie schedule is as follows:
Wednesday: BAT 21
Thursday: BOYS OF COMPANY C
Friday: WE WERE SOLDIERS ONCE AND YOUNG
Saturday: FULL METAL JACKET

Camp Adams begins setup activity on July 3. We expect to continue setup on the 4th as well. NPMC coordinator Bill High will stay on site from the evening of the 4th until end of show on the 11th. Although the Fly-in does not open until Wednesday the 7th, early arrivals are welcome from Monday the 5th on.

Please remind those in your group who will participate in this event that upon arrival at Camp Adams they must visit the headquarters tent and register before settling in to their assigned space. Neil Dewey and Jeff High will direct vehicles to assigned area. For planning purposes, we consider a space to be that which accommodates a 2.5 ton truck (15 ft on the road by 30 feet deep). Some folks will need more space while some less. Individuals who anticipate a considerably larger space allotment should contact Bill High (home 425-486-2252, cell 425-770-7922 email: psicylinders@msn.com.) by June 21.

Some space will be available for camping in the BOQ/EMQ GP medium tent. Let Bill High know if you or any of your group plan to set up a bunk there. Plan to bring any materials needed to establish a privacy screen (blue tarp, rope, etc.).

Just before and during the Show, you may contact either Deputy Coordinator on their cell phones
Jeff High, 206-261-0002
Mark Gresham 425-985-3033
:beer:

jhigh

North Pacific Military Corps
June 14, 2010
NOW HEAR THIS

We are now just 3 weeks out from 2010 Camp Adams at the Arlington Fly-in. Some of we Puget Sound area folks will do a test run at the June 18-20 Olympia Fly-in. On May 31, the Flying Heritage Collection introduced their two tanks and did some shooting along with their German flack 88’s. Both tanks will be featured in Camp Adams along with 2 Abbots, two half tracks, a Scorpion and Fox. Lots of heavy iron for sure.

Crash Williams, our War bird liaison reports the B-25 bomber Gumpy will be flying from the tarmac adjacent to our Camp. Our Vietnam era coordinator Ron K. has fabricated materials to create FIRE BASE BUFFALO at the end of Highway 1.

Our forum (theatre) tent will be available for Camp Adams units to use whenever speakers or the movies are not in sessions. If any of your members want to meet in the tent just inform the camp coordinator. The current tent schedule is attached along with this report.

We are saddened to report that our favorite Tuskegee Airman, Col. Bill Holloman passed away several days ago following a heart attack. We will miss his great presentations at the Arlington Fly-in war bird forum tent. Bill was on our speakers list for this year as well.

All systems continue to be on go with all lights flashing green. This should be the last report until we see you and your colleagues starting July 7. Remember, we will be staffing Camp Adams as of Monday July 5 so if you are looking for some slow paced leisure time for a couple of days before the show opens, come early and relax.

One final listing of contact phone numbers once we are located at Camp Adams

Bill High: 425-770-7922 (before July 4, call 425-486-2252)
Emai: psicylinders@msn.com.

Jeff High 206-261-0002
Mark Gresham 425-985-3033

Stalwart

*Bump*

This is an event you don't want to miss! There will be a number of unfinished vehicles and some will be really rough. This allows the public to see what lengths MV owners go through to restore these vehicles. Not all MV's come out of the Military in pristine condition and fresh out of the crate ;) Heck my V100 is going to be there and it doesn't even have much paint on it (bare metal). So bring what you have, from fully restored to basket case, we like 'em ALL! You're unlikely to see more civilian owned MV's in one place, including the National Events.

Last edited:

Stalwart

The latest I'd recommend is 8AM Saturday the 10th (preferably a bit earlier, 8 is when the gates open) they don't like arriving vehicles when the gates are open. It generally isn't worth coming just for Sunday but you can. Any arrivals after the gates open can be accomplished via the South Gate but you will have to contact us so we can meet you and let you in. We use this gate to go get groceries during the day as we can avoid all foot traffic.

Jinx

I should be able to attend this year. It really sounds like fun! I'd have to drop my deuce off either Monday or Tuesday after work around 6:00pm. Is that too late in the day? I don't mind leaving it until Saturday evening, but Sunday is a no go. I have to attend a wedding.

srodocker

so im going forsure but the problem is finding a ride after i drop off the truck during the week...but my guess is i come for the day on saturday. but with that said maybe i can arrive after at the show after work friday night at like 4amish? or is that a no go?

so im going forsure but the problem is finding a ride after i drop off the truck during the week...but my guess is i come for the day on saturday. but with that said maybe i can arrive after at the show after work friday night at like 4amish? or is that a no go?
I can give you a ride Scott either Friday or Saturday! Whatever you need! elkhunter. Arlington is North of Everett not too far offthe freeway. elkhunter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks