• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armalite buying up deuces

baxter

I work at a local gun store and we have been talking about Armalite's latest gimick to sell their rifles. If a dealer buys a deuce full of rifles they get to keep the truck.I am not sure on the number of rifles this is I'm sure its alot. I am just hoping that it does'nt cause the cost of the trucks to increase alot what do you guys think?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
With the sheer # of deuces out there, in public and private hands, it is inconceivable to me that enough dealers could/would buy enough Deuces to even make a blip in prices.

The only thing that increases the prices of trucks is newbies who don't know when to say "enough is enough, I will wait for the next one".

TaylorTradingCo

I am glad that he is trying to promote these old military trucks. The more people that find out about them, the more they will become normalized and the less hassle we will have to put up with.

Also, the more people that find out about them, the more potential buyers I have.

Mark is a nice guy and I think anyone would be wrong to question his motives.

Just my opinion.

Derek Taylor

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't see a "Gimick" anywhere in the bushes.
Lets see...so far...that I have seen...one thread was started...and deleted...another one is running and either ya get a deuce...or an AR10 upper receiver if ya win....and now this one.

Haven't seen a post on here yet by the feller in charge of the operation...and I know him well...and he is a member here.....maybe because he doesn't think it fits here? Who knows!

I think this needs to die in place unless the armalite feller makes a post...and makes it MV related.

Now...BLAST AWAY!!!

Preacherboy

With the sheer # of deuces out there, in public and private hands, it is inconceivable to me that enough dealers could/would buy enough Deuces to even make a blip in prices.

The only thing that increases the prices of trucks is newbies who don't know when to say "enough is enough, I will wait for the next one".
At last week's auction I capped my price at $1500 for a winch truck with a hard top, they ended up going for $1800 to $2600. I am a newbie, but if I do not raise my cap a little bit, I will not get a truck. Simple as that, what else can I do? Private sales, decent winch trucks are $4000. So adjusting my cap to $2500 is still better than $4000, but a lot more than I should pay?

I wish you'd get the word out to more people to not pay so much for deuces, then I'd get one a lot cheaper!

greenjeepster

At last week's auction I capped my price at $1500 for a winch truck with a hard top, they ended up going for $1800 to $2600. I am a newbie, but if I do not raise my cap a little bit, I will not get a truck. Simple as that, what else can I do? Private sales, decent winch trucks are $4000. So adjusting my cap to $2500 is still better than $4000, but a lot more than I should pay?

I wish you'd get the word out to more people to not pay so much for deuces, then I'd get one a lot cheaper!
Problem being that you are paying 2600 for a truck of unknown condition...not necessarily decent. My cap on any truck through GL or GSA or any other auction site where we really can't test drive it first is 1700.00 give or take a few dollars. That is what I can pay and re-coupe if the truck is DOA.

You can get a private sale winch truck for 25-3500 any day of the week. There is a member on here who has several in the 3500 range right now.

Preacherboy

I have had a preview of the trucks that I am willing to go that high on, and I have also looked at tons of pictures of the $3500 winch trucks. In my opinion they have too much rust for that price, plus I would like a hard top, troop seats, heater, cargo cover...and I have seen no $3500 winch truck for that price with those options. Of course, I might have to "settle" to get one for $1700 off GL without those options.

I personally do not want to spend over $1500 either, but it looks like if I want to get one I will have too. Unless we can all make some sort of agreement that new guys are allowed to get their first deuce for $1500 like everyone else did last year or in the past. I'd love that rule!

I am not trying to come across as confrontational, but I am downright irritated that I cannot get a truck for a good price!

baxter

Wow I did not meen this as an Atack on Armalite I think they make fine rifles. Since the big rush on rifles has been over many of the manufacturers are coming up with new ways of getting people to buy thier product(gimick). I was not aware of how many trucks they had only 30 interesting thats not very many. I was just curios what people thought thanks for the input.

gunboy1656

The reason for the different thread is there is different contests/challenges

Challenge 1- buy enough to fill a military vehicle you get the truck. (I see a MV relevance here)

Contest 2- guess how many fit in the bed get a part of one of the item (not a whole piece)

And I wish he would come on cause I have many questions regarding the second contest (fitting in the truck)

TIGERFANS2

Wow I did not meen this as an Atack on Armalite I think they make fine rifles. Since the big rush on rifles has been over many of the manufacturers are coming up with new ways of getting people to buy thier product(gimick). I was not aware of how many trucks they had only 30 interesting thats not very many. I was just curios what people thought thanks for the input.

30 trucks X n boxes = a bunch of rifles :beer:

cool, imaginative idea

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone wanna trade a transferrable AR-18 for a deuce? :shock:

This is a military vehicles forum only, like an old car club but with better cars.

Firearms offers or wants are forbidden, even as jests. One reason for the rule is liability. Another is that the authorities assume whatever they wish when reading the printed word and usually have no sense of humor regarding the subject, to the point of creating endless annoyances.

Fakes/ducks/inert replicas/gas guns such as used for parades, display, and noise making fun items are permitted to be discussed in connection with military vehicles and may be wanted/offered in the Classifieds.

I invite you to check out weaponeer.com, gunbroker.com, or other sites as places to post firearms related items.

This "rule" tends to be strictly and sometimes harshly enforced. It is everyone's duty to observe it.

Thank you.

TexAndy

This is a military vehicles forum only, like an old car club but with better cars.

Firearms offers or wants are forbidden, even as jests. One reason for the rule is liability. Another is that the authorities assume whatever they wish when reading the printed word and usually have no sense of humor regarding the subject, to the point of creating endless annoyances.

Fakes/ducks/inert replicas/gas guns such as used for parades, display, and noise making fun items are permitted to be discussed in connection with military vehicles and may be wanted/offered in the Classifieds.

I invite you to check out weaponeer.com, gunbroker.com, or other sites as places to post firearms related items.

This "rule" tends to be strictly and sometimes harshly enforced. It is everyone's duty to observe it.

Thank you.
Just out of curiosity, what kind of liability issues would there be?

panzerjunky

Just out of curiosity, what kind of liability issues would there be?
Are you kidding
With stuff the way it is in america when it comes to guns......
You sell or advertise a firearm on this or any web site it is bought by a member and ends up used in a crime of some kind. Usually the first question asked is where did it come from how was it offered for sale and was the sale in accordance with B.A.T.F regs. Where if it is sold on a board like this person to person most likely not. I have been in and out of the gun business most of my adult life and have seen people and organizations get in hot water over some silly stuff . Two guys at a range talking about the difference between a military full auto Thompson and one of the new semi auto ones the fella got "questioned " the charge.... Intent to build an illegal machine gun. So I guess to answer your question someone looking to make trouble for you or this site or any other for that mater could simply state "Intent to illegally sell" a firearm. So I am sure you know by now just keep the gun sale stuff to the boards that are built for this. The good old days of cash and carry are over Try being a gun owner in Ca..
I made the same mistake offering something forbidden for trade on this site and got the same note from the mods. but I do see the Mods point and I am sure they don't want ANY neg attention.
Take care Jerry2cents

Mark3395

Thanks for the interest guys.

Please note ArmaLite initiated a small effort to add a bit of humor to a truckload sale and it's sorta gone viral. I didn't and wouldn't post it to this site and surely wouldn't want to cause problems.

The details of this program and much technical info are on ArmaLite.com. Normally gun-related posts are at AR15.com. We try to keep up with questions there.

But again, than's for the interest and the sense of humor.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks