• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armor demil

tgejesse

For those of you with M1165’s what did you do to smooth over the armor demil visually? I need to source some windshield parts and some doors but I’m worried it may look clunky from the demil!
Just got my first truck that was once up-armored. Need to hear what the pros have done!

Open to photos and suggestions

Attachments

SmartDrug

A few guys have used short bolts/washers/nuts in the holes and then painted over them. The end result is pretty clean looking and gets lost with all the rivets and such. As far as looking "clunky", that's kinda the name of the game here... it's a HMMVW, not a Porsche. Scratches/dents/dings are part of the experience, or at least they should be. I may be in the minority here, but when I see an immaculate HMMWV/Wrangler/Raptor/etc. I think the owner is an idiot.

Autonomy_Lost

Take the roof overlay off, add "gutters" (either the official parts from AMG, or you can make them out of 6" x 1/4" aluminum sheets), buy regular windshields, the windshield retainers specifically made for the M11XX series trucks (NOT M998 ), throw on some X-doors, and fill all the holes with 1/2" hex bolts and washers.

tgejesse

Take the roof overlay off, add "gutters" (either the official parts from AMG, or you can make them out of 6" x 1/4" aluminum sheets), buy regular windshields, the windshield retainers specifically made for the M11XX series trucks (NOT M998 ), throw on some X-doors, and fill all the holes with 1/2" hex bolts and washers.
Love it!
Have you done this yourself?

Autonomy_Lost

You will also have to modify the snorkel mount or get a new one for non-armored trucks, install windshield washer nozzles, and do something about the fording exhaust. The fording exhaust will stick out pretty far to make room for the armor. I just deleted mine.

Oh and install normal mirrors.

Guyfang

Staff member
For those of you with M1165’s what did you do to smooth over the armor demil visually? I need to source some windshield parts and some doors but I’m worried it may look clunky from the demil!
Just got my first truck that was once up-armored. Need to hear what the pros have done!

Open to photos and suggestions
You have asked this same question in another thread. According to Forum rules, that not to happen. Please to not start asking the same questions in multiple threads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks