• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armor Family Photo... as requested...

Augdog1964

Hey all,

Had a few ask for a family photo of the armor... today was SO beautiful BiffJ and I decided to get the toys out and let them get some sunshine...

family photo.jpg

Left to right:

BPzV
T-72M1
T-55AM2
T-62
T-54
T-34/85
BMP-1

Great day... thanks BiffJ for the hard work and dedication to these wonderful machines.

Augdog1964

Yes we do from time to time...

We've also talked about taking on a couple volunteers to help us keep this growing stable of armor maintained and fit and trim...

The work on these beasts is a little overwhelming at times, and we have to move tracks soon... the dead track on the '54 is going on the T-62... and a new set of rubber airfield defense track is going on the '54!

Augdog1964

Here's a beautiful pic of the T-72M1... the newest member...

T-72M1 w: me.jpg

A line-up minus the '72 and the BPzV...

Line w:o T72.jpg

I like the smoke from them running!

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the photos! Can't imagine the physical and financial reserve it takes to keep them all in tip top shape. Amazing height changes over the years. Still have to say, the tallest is probably one of my favorites. What a chunk of iron/steel!

God bless,
Tony

tbearatkin

Dang and I was just in Richmond, IN 4-11 July building a handicap ramp for my mother in law. All I saw was a deuce parked down the road from my sister on hwy 122 our of Boston about 4 miles into Ohio on the North side of the road.

Augdog1964

Dang and I was just in Richmond, IN 4-11 July building a handicap ramp for my mother in law. All I saw was a deuce parked down the road from my sister on hwy 122 our of Boston about 4 miles into Ohio on the North side of the road.
WHOA, you were like, 4 miles from my house! We live about 3 miles from Boston.

tbearatkin

My uncle used to own a house on the east side of the road on 227 just after your cross the bridge heading into Richmond. He used to have a much larger front yard before the state took most of it when they rebuilt the bridge. Wish things would have lined up right when he was ready to sell it Lot of mmeories of many family gatherings he even bought the old School just North of his place and then sold the school house to somebody but kept the large field next to it. But we were already committed here in TN. He sold it when he was 90 and he will be 99 this Halloween. Lots of stories from him during his time in WW II. He was an old man when he enlisted Army he said 26-27) and saw all of Italy he ever wanted to see from one end to the other all on foot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks