• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

armor tow "hooks"

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will the armor tow hooks I see now and again fit onto the front lifting brackets for the deuce? I don't have one in front of me, but they look like they take a 1" pin....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are various sizes. The ones that fit the M548, for example, are much smaller than those that fit on an M60. The ones on an M548 will fit a deuce, I believe.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones that SERMIS shows are from the M548 in case anyone else looks for them. They could be off of an M113, too...I have no idea, but I know those are the shackles that are on an M548.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps the 1" pin hooks are for the "lighter" armor like 113s, APCs, 548s, etc., and the 1.5" pin jobs are for "heavy" armor like M60s, M48s and Abrams. Just a guess...

Thanks for all the help, I think I'm going to pick up a set of 1" hooks for schlitz and giggles.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, now you need the tracked vehicle tow cable that is supposed to be used with those shackles!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I see in the pics, and in pics on eBay, these shackles are supposed to use the bolts with the flat side, used on towbars. Those might fit perfectly, and be long enough to use the safety clip, as long as you line up the flat spot in the pin with the flat spot on the shackle.

...and I notice sermis is a pervert. Instead of the standard 07/08/09 on the bridge plate, he's going the route of putting "69". :D