• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

armored CUCV's

firefirefire90

Did a search, so don't get too snarky if this was already covered. I like the idea of the deuce gun turrets and the gun trucks, and I did a bit of a search on google and this site for gun truck CUCV's of the m1008/28/09 variety and didn't come up with much.

I know there isn't much purpose for this, but throw purpose to the wind, and it would look kinda cool having a ma deuce or something of the like mounted up there. Came up with a few pictures, but doesn't seem like anyone has put much into doing it.

I would be interested, even if I could just get the gun mount.

Attachments

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
And you can't use the word PI$$ED on here. This is a rated G website and use of that term can get this thread deleted. Suggest you go back and edit it.

I quickly used the advanced search and typed in turret and specified the CUCV section of the website. I got back 14 hits. Including this one:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/40816-m1009-gun-truck.html

Granted it doesn't say CUCV turrets in the title but gun truck would be close enough to investigate.

I never use a plain search. The advance search is the only way to go. If you use multiple words, you have to put and between each word. CUCV and turret. This brought back only 3 threads so even better.

There are very few subjects that haven't been covered here that are MV related and don't deal with security issues (example you're not allowed to post pictures of modern day vehicles that have been destroyed). This is especially true if you combine the old site to the new site.

One search function that truly is horrible is the want ads section. Now that really does suck. On the flip side, there's a lot more about this site that is right than is wrong.

firefirefire90

And you can't use the word PI$$ED on here. This is a rated G website and use of that term can get this thread deleted. Suggest you go back and edit it.

I quickly used the advanced search and typed in turret and specified the CUCV section of the website. I got back 14 hits. Including this one:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/40816-m1009-gun-truck.html

Granted it doesn't say CUCV turrets in the title but gun truck would be close enough to investigate.

I never use a plain search. The advance search is the only way to go. If you use multiple words, you have to put and between each word. CUCV and turret. This brought back only 3 threads so even better.

There are very few subjects that haven't been covered here that are MV related and don't deal with security issues (example you're not allowed to post pictures of modern day vehicles that have been destroyed). This is especially true if you combine the old site to the new site.

One search function that truly is horrible is the want ads section. Now that really does suck. On the flip side, there's a lot more about this site that is right than is wrong.
Edited for you! I am used to forums that cater to the 18-35 demographic, so you can imagine the language I am used to.

There ya go, I shall be using the advanced search only now. But curious on the rule you posted. Post picture of a modern day vehicle that has been destroyed, how does that work? Lets say I had a 2004 VW passat and I totalled it; would I not be able to post the
vehicle after it had headed to the crusher?

aw man just looked at that link. I stole those pics from a K5 forum, I wonder if he did the same thing rofl

Last edited:

Josh

Edited for you! I am used to forums that cater to the 18-35 demographic, so you can imagine the language I am used to.

There ya go, I shall be using the advanced search only now. But curious on the rule you posted. Post picture of a modern day vehicle that has been destroyed, how does that work? Lets say I had a 2004 VW passat and I totalled it; would I not be able to post the

aw man just looked at that link. I stole those pics from a K5 forum, I wonder if he did the same thing rofl
What he means is pictures of US Military equipment that has been destroyed in one the ongoing conflicts.

67_C-30

No, I stole those from here and posted them in the k5 forum.;)