• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armored Turret-WE Platt MR550 Ring Mount W/Mini Gun Kit. STANAG LVL 3 Protection. $18k

maga

I'm selling a WE Platt MR550 Ring Mount. I'm asking $18k for this unit. It cost $30k new and was manufactured in 2007. It is currently located in the Phoenix Arizona area.

-This mount came off of a prototype vehicle used for demonstrations. This is not an ITAR part and there are no restrictions on possessing it, however if your name is Mohammed and you plan on shipping it to Syria I will not be selling it to you.
-It is in good condition but does show signs of use and removal/installation.
-The MR550 Ring Mount is currently used by the US Army on the Stryker and I've seen it mounted on an MRAP as well. It's also used by our allied forces around the world on at least a dozen different platforms.
-This particular MR550 came with the window upgrade as you can see the in the photos which is nice. Nobody wants to pop their head up to look around if they don't have to right?
-This Ring Mount can be installed on any armored vehicle strong enough to support the weight.
-Included is the mini gun mounting kit pieces shown in photo "P7". I'm not sure if all the pieces are all there and have not tried to assemble it.
-This particular Ring Mount is rated at Stanag LVL3 and it is HEAVY. I'm guessing it weighs in the ballpark of 700-1000 pounds. This thing will stop a high explosive 155mm artillery round at 60 meters!
-The Ring Mount is missing the shield bracket used to attach the front shield to the ring. See photo "P6" for the part circled in red. This missing piece is the reason for the deep discount on this ring mount. I estimate a new piece could be fabricated by a machine shop for $1-$2k or you could simply use it without it.

Additional photos available upon request and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!

I will NOT ship this item. I prefer local pickup in the Phoenix, AZ area. I'd be willing to deliver it for a fee of $2/mile from my location if paid in full.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks