• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Army CB by Cobra

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW:

CHICAGO (September 29, 2009) —Cobra Electronics (NASDAQ:COBR) today announced its partnership with the Homes for Our Troops organization to donate a portion of its fourth quarter sales to the building of or retrofitting of homes for injured war veterans. Cobra will donate proceeds from its Citizens Band radios, radar detection and navigation system sales to the Homes for Our Troops program starting October 1 through December 31, 2009.

Homes for Our Troops is a non-profit organization that provides specially adapted homes for severely injured veterans at no cost to them. They assist severely injured Servicemen and Women and their immediate families by raising donations of money, building materials and professional labor and then coordinating the process of building a new home or adapting an existing home for handicapped accessibility.

“Cobra has been a proud and long time supporter of our armed forces and our servicemen and women,” said Jim Bazet, CEO and Chairman of Cobra Electronics. “This is our opportunity to give something back to them for all the sacrifices they had made for us.”

“Homes for Our Troops is honored to be the beneficiary of this tremendous fundraising effort by Cobra Electronics. Our success in providing severely injured veterans with homes specially designed to give back the freedom and independence they once knew, relies on the support of our corporate friends across the country. Cobra Electronics is one of those friends that understands the importance of supporting our American heroes and we thank them.”

Cobra has a long history of supporting our troops through product donations as well as employee-driven programs such as bake sales, raffles, and care packages for our soldiers. In August of 2009, Cobra introduced its 29 LTD ARMY radio, a U.S. Army co-branded CB radio and officially licensed product of the U.S. Army as a salute to our American troops.

:D

Stonepicker1

Oifvet, good info.
I think they go off sale after 31-Aug($69.00 with the rebate)
I was going to buy 3 more. I stopped at all the Pilot truck stops from Maryland (I-95)to South Florida last week and they were all sold out. I even called the other Pilot's in Florida with no luck.

kc5mzd

Hi all,

But there is a loose connection in it somewhere, where it cannot transmit or receive.
Every time I have come across a cb with a loose connection it was in the mic cable.
Try going to a nearby truckstop and getting a new mic. Just make sure you can take it back if it doesn't fix it.

caliber1

Have one Cobra 29LTD classic and a 148GTL as well. Both are great radios in their own way, the 148 has SSB uppers and lowers, the 29 does not. LOL, still have the old Cobra base station that Dad gave me when I left home 100 years ago. :driver:

Hi all,
Speaking of CB's and the cobra 29 ltd.. I have one.

But there is a loose connection in it somewhere, where it cannot transmit or receive.
(I cannot remember which...)
Is there anyone on here in Georgia, capable of fixing it? If so, how much would it cost me?

I would like to get this radio working and put it in my M1009...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

CJ

P.s. Please PM or email me directly if you can help, thank you..
Most of the time a problem like that will come back to a bad connection or a broken wire in the microphone. Pick up another mic or borrow one from a friend and plug it into your radio and try it. If it turns out to be a bad mic, take the 2 screws that hold the clamp on the cord at the plug and make sure all the wires are soldered well to the terminals. Sometimes the best fix is to draw a diagram of which wire goes where and de-solder the terminals, then cut a couple inches off the cord, then re-strip and re-solder the wires back on the terminals. If you're not adept at soldering, take it to someone who knows what they're doing. It's a pretty simple fix if you don't just get yourself a nice upgrade mic like a noise-canceling unit or amplified power mic. I've been playing with CBs and amature radios since I was about 12 years old and I'll be 43 this March. In my experience, the mic is almost always the culprit. I hope this helps! :driver:

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the military CB was a GRC-106 set to 27.185.

The trouble with paining a CB is the 'chrome plated' plastic knobs and other doo-dads don't hold paint well. How can that be dealt with?

islandguydon

I like mine.

I use 3 of them. They are tuned and tweaked with dual cobra whips. I like the radio. Here is a picture of the dual antennas installed with a fresh paint job. Whats good about dual whips is they can be tuned for HI & Low frequencies easily.:driver:

Attachments

caliber1

I use 3 of them. They are tuned and tweaked with dual cobra whips. I like the radio. Here is a picture of the dual antennas installed with a fresh paint job. Whats good about dual whips is they can be tuned for HI & Low frequencies easily.:driver:
Don, what antennas did you use? Don't your knee hit the dang radio?

islandguydon

Caliber1,

Jon and I were just talking about you, were your ears burnning...? lol

No not at all. You would think so but I have no problem at all.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks