• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Army Corps of Engineers 1963 D6B Caterpillar Bulldozer

joshs1ofakindxj

That 955L was supposed to be a "buy it, use it, sell it" kind of thing but I keep finding it very useful to have around for clearing trees and digging/loading shale in my poor little one ton dump truck. I could really use a 6x6 military dump truck but one hasn't popped up for cheap yet. The 955L is a beast, and it has kept me busy with maintenance and repairs, but you can't beat it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed one of two things. Either not married or have a very understanding wife. If mine came home and saw both sitting in FRONT of the house she would be introducing me to one her 200 pairs of boots.

Buy, use and sell. Gee, that took me 65 years to start the selling part.....

joshs1ofakindxj

My girlfriend has 5 horses, her own building to park her horse hauler in (6.7L Ram 3500 dually), and 80% of the stuff I do with the heavy equipment is building her the horse farm of her dreams, so I am in her good graces. I also have no other place to work on stuff yet, probably next year I will start building a giant shop so I can stop working on things outside of a two car garage on sloping gravel.

AMGeneral

My girlfriend has 5 horses, her own building to park her horse hauler in (6.7L Ram 3500 dually), and 80% of the stuff I do with the heavy equipment is building her the horse farm of her dreams, so I am in her good graces. I also have no other place to work on stuff yet, probably next year I will start building a giant shop so I can stop working on things outside of a two car garage on sloping gravel.
I am in almost the same situation, except I ended up giving up the MVs in favor of the Cat equipment and a couple old B model Mack trucks.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That makes three of us! In my case - I do horses all day long (farrier) so let to wife do her thing at the weekends etc., ecxept for the tractor work! And she says - "I don't care what 'green crap' you buy, so long as I don't have to look at it (in the yard/around the house)"! Haven't got any Cats... yet.

joshs1ofakindxj

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks