• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armymans M109

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
David wanted some pics of his M109 he is storing at my place while he is in Korea. Here they are. I am jealous, it is an 2004 rebuild.

Attachments

Elwenil

Looks like a very solid truck and in great condition cosmetically also. I'd say that's one of the better examples to come off the auction block.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The GL Idiots and I use that term with full intent of them seeing it had to use a fork lift to do taht damage. My sons got it started and it stalled out then would not start. I was on the cell phone with them at the time and we talked about fuel starvation from a clogged filter or other restriction. See the flattened copper line and paint damage. Sometimes I think we need to make a thread of GL damage and see if Robyn can explain it all.

70deuce

Time after time you see some pretty stupid damage done by forklifts at these yards. This is one of the best looking trucks I have ever seen coming from auction in the M35 series. Its too bad the GL guys don't treat these as the classics they are. That's an easy fix but that truck should have been one of the few you could drive home and not need anything done to it for years. Outstanding acquisition.

garp

I hear ya on the damages. The M109 I picked up at Ft Riley on Thurs had the radiator mounting bolts bent over and the hood bashed in by chains. Every truck in the yard had nearly the same damages.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't be looking for a response from Robyn or any of that delegation anytime soon. Very nice shopvan Mr Chaplain!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Kenny I saw this truck and felt good about putting a rather higher bid in on it and the GL photos were no where near showing the real condition of it. My son said it ran great and wants it if I pass on to the rehlms of Heaven. It is insured and I just need to get the SF97 from GL to make it a full up camper for all coming round ups. It may be my long haul vehicle of choice if I get my WMO processing trailer idea done.

FreightTrain

Banned
Love the fork dent in the oil pan.What kinda training do GL employees get now days?At our plant to get the OSHA license we gotta run an obsticle course,take a writen test,and show we actually have a brain cell that works but by the looks of it any idiot can work for GL.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So now that you have your RV, you are going to need a toad. I suggest the M1009. Sidebar, I just put CUCV front shackle brackets on my 91 Burb, bolted right on. Now I can use the burb as a toad.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah that fork dent could have been much worse I guess it is just that I would be giving my Soldier an article 15 for such an act of destruction of government property. To me GL is one of the worse at this type of damage without accountability.

mangus580

Yes, yes, it MUST Have been GL that did the damage.... Nobody in the Army, NG or any of that sorts would EVER treat a truck like that.

Man I am really frustrated with everyone JUMPING to the conclusion it was GL. Yes, I will agree there are some instances where it has been proven. But I have also seen proven instances of damage prior to GL.

My deuce had the same fuel line damage.... it was obvious it had been like that for quite a few years.... I doubt GL did that!

dk8019

Armyman's M109 came off the same lot mine did, I swear they look like twins except for the small round mirrors on his. (west coast type?) The paint scheme is the same, the tires are brand new and the same type as well. How were you able to spot the rebuild date John? Mine had various tags attached inside the engine bay with late 2007 dates, and some type of ship tag on the side of the drivers seat.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, what ever are you saying? Do you mean that you suspect it wasn't GL jumping the HMMWVs in the other thread?