• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ARP Stud Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

welpro222

Whats the easiest fix for leaking ARP Head Studs?
I tapped all holes, break cleaned all studs and let dry, sealed them with Permatex Thread sealant with teflon (white goey stuff). I'm thinking most of the sealant might have rubbed off when I pushed studs through heads into the block?

Pull one at a time and reseal with teflon tape?

Bar's Leak?

Let it leak?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have started about 8-9 threads about this general project/topic. It would help everyone to understand your situation, if you posted one continuous thread about your issue.

welpro222

I usually just post problem/questions as they happen. This is my lastest problem. Anymore more problems with the 6.2 diesel and I may have to join the haters side of GM Diesels. I'm starting to think I should have listened to my friend who is a GM trained Tech. He says there junk and my second friend who is a GM Mechanic who says theres a reason they stop making them.

I guess with my lastest problem, its the ARP Studs not the motor itself.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
The 6.2 is a very good light duty diesel engine. It was never made for power. It was made for economy. It is what it is.

Why on earth would you replace the bolts with studs and not take the cylinder heads off and install new gaskets?
Kinda defeats the idea of installing studs. If you want to do it correct take all the head bolts off... remove the heads.. check the heads/have then shaved and install the studs, gaskets, and cylinder heads.
I would bet your leaking would be salved

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your not hearing me, DO NOT post a new thread for every issue/daily as you work on the same problem. All the members read your daily issue and have no idea what has been offered(like todays issue and all the info that was already posted about using sealant on ARP studs.

If you can't/won't try to use the forums correctly, you will not be allowed to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks