• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ARRGGGGGHHHHHH! Tire frustration!

cam7002

"You can thank a lawyer or the government for that"

Well, then, you are welcome! Anytime!

But, really, as a lawyer, I have never gone after a tire company for putting too big'a tires on too little'a rim. Ever. The government? Maybe.

tourdog

i as well have a manuall tire changer . when it comes to balance i use equal in my truck tires . yes my 235 85 16 works great put it in done everthing is smooth .

Midnight Rider

And if you buy less than 4 new tires, the new ones have to be mounted on the back, even if you want to replace one bad tire on the front.

Since when is that a law.

On my previous trucks, I always went 2 at a time. If the 2 in front were bad, then that's where the 2 new ones went, if it was the back, then the new ones went on the back.

I've had shops say that the should put them on the front or put them on the rear, but they didn't say they had too.

I just bought 2 new tires for the rear of our Mustang a couple weeks back and they had a poster in the shop that stated if you buy 2 new tires they should be put on the rear. Maybe I didn't read the fine print on the poster though.

:?:

AJMBLAZER

I rotate tires every oil change...they always wear out in groups of four. Then again I don't buy tires but every five years or so. I've never even bought less than four tires at a time.

Michael

Since when is that a law.

On my previous trucks, I always went 2 at a time. If the 2 in front were bad, then that's where the 2 new ones went, if it was the back, then the new ones went on the back.

I've had shops say that the should put them on the front or put them on the rear, but they didn't say they had too.

I just bought 2 new tires for the rear of our Mustang a couple weeks back and they had a poster in the shop that stated if you buy 2 new tires they should be put on the rear. Maybe I didn't read the fine print on the poster though.

:?:
What I ran into was Sam's Club policy. They said it was based on a government study, but I am sure the decision was based on limiting their liability in case they are sued just like not mounting tires on too narrow of rims.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks