• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arrival of 2nd HMMWV M1151A1

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, ia m back with questions. I have this selenoid or ?????? ( Not sure what it is) and i can not d
Find it in the TM's. Wires are marked 785B(which in the wire tags list shows as OFSA large fire signal) not sire what it is and 458 which is the engine fan clutch circuit. The fan clutch is engage the whole time but i would like to identify the function of this part and how it is related to the engine ( i am lost here to be honest) this is for the M1114 engine and parts donor.

Attachments

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to this 458 is part of the fan clutch circuit, but I am too tired to look at the schematics, what do your schematics say?
Yes, exactly the same. I am at lost on the other wire connected. I need to check the schematics as i did not check into it. I was looking for the fan clutch components to try and identify the selenoid (or whatever part thet is)

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Yes, exactly the same. I am at lost on the other wire connected. I need to check the schematics as i did not check into it. I was looking for the fan clutch components to try and identify the selenoid (or whatever part thet is)
That part is a circuit breaker. Don't normally see a breaker in that circuit. Trace it out....

Always something new, CAMO

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That part is a circuit breaker. Don't normally see a breaker in that circuit. Trace it out....

Always something new, CAMO
It looked to me like a Bimetal or temperature breaker as you said. I will try and follow it or look in the circuit where the other wires are supposed to go. Probably someone at the yard just placed it there for fun.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
458 carries 24V from the "RUN" circuit to the fan thermal switch to the TDM, I don't see a 700 anything on the schematics, certainly does not mean it's not there though.
458.JPG

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is strange is at that point 458 normally would be terminating into a molded plug for the TDM

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, ia m back with questions. I have this selenoid or ?????? ( Not sure what it is) and i can not d
Find it in the TM's. Wires are marked 785B(which in the wire tags list shows as OFSA large fire signal) not sire what it is and 458 which is the engine fan clutch circuit. The fan clutch is engage the whole time but i would like to identify the function of this part and how it is related to the engine ( i am lost here to be honest) this is for the M1114 engine and parts donor.
the wire on The wire harness is the power feed to the circuit breaker used to power the Milemarker winch…

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the wire on The wire harness is the power feed to the circuit breaker used to power the Milemarker winch…
Thank you Steve, i had something in mind as the selenoids are right there but in the wire codes list it shows as something fire and i was at lost on that one. Do you happen to know where i can find a diagram for that section? As my fan clutch is engages the whole time. Also, any place i can obtain that part? Are the ones under the dash the same specs?
Thanks again. 👍

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks