• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AS-3449 Antennas

Royalpower

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure where I should have created this post. So, forgive me if I didn't do it correctly.

I have several AS-3449 antennas and a few guys have asked me if they can be used with a CB. I know previously it's been asked if the AS-3900 or the AS-1729's can be converted to work with a CB, and I've read those posts. However, the AS-3449 doesn't appear to have the same complex configuration like the AS-3900. So, does anyone know if the AS-3449 can be used with a CB? If yes, then is it as simple as plug and your done or do you have to do something to them?

Thanks,

papakb

This antenna is for the VSQ-1 sysrem and is tuned for the 400-470 Mhz range. As such it will not work with either the CB radios or any of the standard tactical radios. It will work with the Baofeng series radios the preppers like to use.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

Royalpower

This antenna is for the VSQ-1 sysrem and is tuned for the 400-470 Mhz range. As such it will not work with either the CB radios or any of the standard tactical radios. It will work with the Baofeng series radios the preppers like to use.

Kurt
KG6KMJ
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I need to do some research on what is a Baofeng radio. Don't know what that is.

MtnSnow

The Baofeng radio that is mentioned is most likely the UV-5R dual band handheld two way HAM radios (2 meter (144.0 MHz to 148.0 MHz) & 70cm (420.0 MHz to 450.0 MHz) the most commonly used entry level frequencies used by licensed ham radio operators. http://www.hamradioschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/GetStarted-ARRL-Band-Plan.jpg is a link to the HAM radio bands and which license is needed for which frequencies along with what type of transmission is allowed for said frequencies.

CB frequencies are 26.9650 MHz to 27.4050 MHz which works out to be in the 11 meter range (HF)

Last edited:

Royalpower

The Baofeng radio that is mentioned is most likely the UV-5R dual band handheld two way HAM radios (2 meter (144.0 MHz to 148.0 MHz) & 70cm (420.0 MHz to 450.0 MHz) the most commonly used entry level frequencies used by licensed ham radio operators. http://www.hamradioschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/GetStarted-ARRL-Band-Plan.jpg is a link to the HAM radio bands and which license is needed for which frequencies along with what type of transmission is allowed for said frequencies.
Thanks for the details!

123mack

Baofeng is a brand of Chinese radio. The ones sold in this country are handhelds in the amateur 2 meter and 70cm bands. The antenna you have will work with a 70cm band (420-450 mhz).