• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ASK up-armored doors

jpinst

Well the part I like about the 1151 or 1165 is the rear body panel that covers the rear area. Instead of the slant back it is sort of cut off. Ive been thinking of cutting my slant back sponses and making my own. Do you have any palns of making something like that? If I might be interested in buying that.[thumbzup]
You need to have that piece because the armored bulkhead fits beyond the roof. I decided to make mine a slant back some many months ago, so got the cargo bulkhead instead. You probably could saw down some sponsons if you wanted to but I would wait until you have the bulkhead ready.

Wolfen

I was told by someone, that the Uparmored Hummers, are not Street Legal because of the Weight. I don't know if the guy knew what he was Talking about. That's just my 2cents

jwaller

I was told by someone, that the Uparmored Hummers, are not Street Legal because of the Weight. I don't know if the guy knew what he was Talking about. That's just my 2cents
not sure about that but I know for sure that if you were to have them as a civilian it would make the truck over-width.

battlebuggy

That depends on how it is built and registered. If it is a Heavy Hummer, HHV Variant or ECV or similar with the 10,000 lb or above GVWR then it would be a Class 3 truck and completely street legal on any road where Class 3 trucks are allowed.

To be completely street legal for a civilian, the Humvee should also have a dataplate from AMG (or MWO plate) showing that it is designed for a GVW that covers its actual scale weight. In other words a M998 with an OEM manufacturer GVWR in the 8K range that actually scales out at 12K with its armor load would be towed by the officer doing the truck inspection. :sad: Hope that helps.

Glenn
MTA, MVPA M1097A1 HHV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks