• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Assessment of new TSL Radials

portert0224

Thanks to everyone who offered advice on tire size for my M1009 with stock suspension. I decided to go with 32x10.50 15s. This size gave me nearly 3" over the stock Wrangler ATs that were on the M1009 when I won it on auction. As everyone stated on many other forums, these tires ran narrow. The 10.50s were more like 9.50s, but I love them. I took a buddy of mine out on an old rut-filled logging trail where the ruts were created by logging skidders when the property was clear-cut in 2005. I had gone down this trail just a few days prior with the stock Wrangler ATs and nearly got stuck in several spots even in 4WD low. The new TSL Radials went down the trail in 2WD and didn't get stuck in the same spots that I got stuck with the Wrangler ATs in 4WD Low. It wasn't until I got to a really bad spot that I realized that we had not even gotten out to lock the front hubs and had been going down the trail in 2WD. I have since taken the M1009 to two other very rutted and muddy hills on my property where I had also gotten stuck with the stock Wrangler ATs and had no problem getting up the hils with the TSL Radials. I don't think there is any place on my 125 acres that my M1009 will get stuck with these tires on and in 4WD Low. Very happy with the TSL Radial.

PS: I had a set of 38 TSL Bias on my 81 CJ5 and only had that thing stuck once when I got the transfer case brace hung up on an underwater stump. So, this is my second experience owning Super Swamper TSLs and the tire is batting 1000.

jimm1009

32 inch tires

Not to try to change your mind but the M1009 (all years) came from the factory with 31 / 10:50 x 15 tires (with 15 x 8 wheels) with the speedometer calibrated for this size.
Your choice of the 32 inch tires is not three inches different than the factory size and your truck had the wrong tires installed by Uncle Sam if they were anything smaller than the 31 / 10:50's.
Without trying to influence your decision, a 33 / 12:50 x 15 while numerically speaking is 2 inches taller in reality is actually 1.7 inches taller in comparison.
I have used this size in an all terrain for 15 years and they work very well on the road where sadly 85% of my driving is done. You gain some speed or drop some RPM which equals much less cabin noise.
You will do well with your size as chosen but I just wanted you to have the facts. You can check your -10 TM and it will tell you the OEM military size in the "differences" section if you wish. ;-)
Good luck,

jimm1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks