• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF coming out between trans. support and transfer case M1008

Starlight

Hey gang, my ride up in Nova Scotia is great and we had a lot of off roading fun. When I brought it in I noticed fluid leaking from where the transfer case meets the support and mounts for trans. Is this a gasket issue or internal seals or ... No cracks of any kind that could see but I could push on shaft and see the fluid move where parts meet. Thoughts ?? Capt.T/ Palm Beach Troop Support. 20170810_173457.jpg20170810_173457.jpg20170810_173501.jpg

Starlight

NOTE: Sorry the pics were after I sprayed down with brake cleaner but you can see where it's been coming down the housing from the joint of transfer case meeting transmission support. Thanks again for any input , Capt.T

Djstorm100

There's a gasket most of the time between the trans and transfer case. If it is coming from there I would pull it to see if it is a gasket or a surface oring.

Probably a gasket and if so put some gray RVT (first clean and try out the matting surfaces) and let the truck sit for a while (half a day at least)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks