• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Atlanta area: M1009 batteries

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Anyone got a pair of good working M1009 suitable batteries they can sell me,
at a fair price?

I believe mine are dead, (I do not think the problem could be anything else).

Please let me know asap...

Thank you...

phil2968

Throw in a set of Group 24 batteries. Go to a battery supplier like Interstate and ask for blems. You may need to modify your hold downs. Cheaper than 6TLs!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Believe that napa, auto zone, car quest, o'rileys, sears, xyz batteries, local junk yard, advance auto, wal mart will have batteries that will work.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Before you replace them try to have them load tested at a battery place or one of the parts stores.

If you have to replace them buy the highest CCA you can get.......the battery hold downs can be modified to take normal batteries.

I would not buy used batteries since they both need to be the same voltage.

You get what you pay for.

cpf240

I used group 31 batteries from Interstate. They were what they called "econopower" or something, and are refurbished. They cost me about $35 each, and come with a warranty.

They fit fine in the trays. My truck came from GL with group 31 batteries to begin with, so the battery tray hold down threaded rods had already been moved to the proper location to hold that size battery.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
They'll also go dead real quick in the heat if you don't check water on a very routine basis, like every week or even every couple days.

Timber

I got a pair of 950 cca batteries from Carquest for around $70 each new. Were you in Palmetto a few Fridays ago? I saw a truck that looked like yours. Civvy batteries work fine, the x2 part sucks at the cash register but that can't be helped.

CycleJay

Hello Timber,

Thank you for the post. I do not believe that was me in Palmetto.
Where is Palmetto?

Besides, I work on Fridays..

But thank you for the battery information. $70 each new sounds pretty good if they will work.
Compared to the typical price of batteries with that CCA.

You are right, the x2 sucks, but true, that cannot be helped.

Thank you...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call here about a couple Blems .

Interstate Batteries Of Metro Georgia
2649 North Cobb Parkway
Kennesaw, GA 30152
(678) 290-0003