• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Atleast they warn you.........

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just means that the trucks have radium luminated gauges on the dash. Not harmful, unless you tape one to your head for the next 20 years, or lick the gauges.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I was thinking the same thing. However, if that is the case, why don't all of the truck listings have this warning? I've seen some deuces with the warning and some without...even at the same site.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because some don't have the radium gauges. Some are just luminous painted, or not luminous at all. Plus, they can only put the warning if they KNOW that the gauges are radioactive.

maxim

There was a guy about 10 miles north of here who repaired and collected aviation gauges. There house and its contents had to be destroyed due to high levels of radiation. A vacant lot existst there today...Bazzar, but true....

CliffW

Re: RE: Atleast they warn you.........

maddawg308 said:
Just means that the trucks have radium luminated gauges on the dash. Not harmful, unless you tape one to your head for the next 20 years, or lick the gauges.
maddawg308,

I'm with you, I have the Radiation active sight on my department issued handgun and long gun. I have been carrying them for years. I still got all my hair and ever thing still works as it should and no parks are glowing. But I have not tried to lick them yet.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Atleast they warn you.........

Just don't put the radar gun in your lap.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Atleast they warn you.........

I did notice the HAZMAT placard on the front of the truck. Aren't those used on trucks hauling hazardous materials? I've not noticed that on other MVs at auction.

acetomatoco

How about the poor folks who hand painted the radium dials on aircraft instruments in WWII. They put the brushes in their mouths to shape the horsehair??? Lotsa cancer there....well documented... Remember when all the dials were taken out of the RT 66,67,68 radio sets a few years back...?? etc etc.

dc3coyote

This runs along the lines of the warning label on the Dr. Pepper bottle, There may have been a dosimeter in there and it will read the level on the gauges.
On the other side have you tried buying radioactive stuff from the govt it is not easy.