• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attacked by electrical gremlins and I didnt even feed them after midnight....

linx310

Attacked by electrical gremlins and I didn't even feed them after midnight....

Just when I thought I solved all my issues I got hit once again.

Here is what I experienced last night.

Driving down the road with headlights on and I noticed my water in fuel light came on, my headlights started oscillating (surging), and my volt meter is on the white line between red and green.

I turned my fan on to max and it lowered the volt meter back into the high green and the water in fuel light went off and the headlights started to act normally.

As soon as I would turn the fan off this would happen.

When I got to my destination I went inside and bought some things and left. On my way home my truck acted normally.

I grabbed my volt meter and tested the alts and they both were putting out 14.4 & 14.7 volts.

Batteries both tested at 12 volts each with truck off.

I did some searching on the forum here and saw some members had the same thing happen to them in the past. I saw several suggestions on how to fix it but few confirmed solutions (they never came back and posted if it worked).

Two suggestions seemed to solve the issue:
1. Clean Battery Contacts
2. Replace Voltage Regulator on Alt.

Since this had only happened once I am wondering if I should hold off on any replacement parts for the alternators to see if it was a one off occurrence?

In the mean time I think I am gonna try and do some thourough testing of the altenators.

linx310

Yea I think I am going to order the rebuild kits. If I am going to have to take them off to replace the regulator i may as well do the entire thing.